Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 not intended as a scare story and is just my Car

Phil 997 said:
Also after discussions with Baz and Grant.......

.........blimey just read that back I sound like a salesman for Hartech :grin:

It's hard not too. Chatting with those guys quickly puts you into sales pitch mode. They know more about these engines than Porsche themselves.

alex yates said:
Phil 997 said:
Also after discussions with Baz and Grant.......

.........blimey just read that back I sound like a salesman for Hartech :grin:

It's hard not too. Chatting with those guys quickly puts you into sales pitch mode. They know more about these engines than Porsche themselves.

I do agree Alex the depth of knowledge when they explain something to you is amazing . I have had a number of what were going to be 2 min chats that ended up with me listening for 30mins :grin: :grin:

jl-c said:
medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
Rojdog said:
That's a shame but a good as new engine will still be just as sweet.

Haven't had any work done by Hartech before, the only place I would really consider when rebuilding.

Would love the 4l upgrade when its ready but I'm still poor from buying my car!

yes the 4ltr does sound like it will be a great car , and even better if your running a 3.6 and take it to 4ltr. as it would be even more significant an improvement :thumb: :thumb:

Just read in total911 that Sharkwerks are doing a 4.1 conversion for 997 GT3 and GT3 RS variants, starting at $59,000!!!!!

:floor: Well anyone with a GT3RS who needs more speed is likely to have $59k , but is it really needed and thats a big chunk of money :grin:

What has happened to the real Phil :D :D :D
On the plus side Phil, make sure you listen to Baz when he explains to you how to run the car in. I think you might be pleasantly surprised :drive:

You will be! I was! "Drive it spiritedly but not loading it too much. ie. change down to go up hills don't drive on the torque."
This is what I am doing for mine, but be prepared, it seems to get through a bit of oil!

Yes chatting to both Baz and Grant , I was told not to drive at the same speed on the motorway and to use the gears and drive enthusiastically . using all the rev range. driving economically and running in dont seem to go together :grin: :grin: so now looking forward to it :grin:

Phil 997 said:
jl-c said:
medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
Rojdog said:

Haven't had any work done by Hartech before, the only place I would really consider when rebuilding.

yes the 4ltr does sound like it will be a great car , and even better if your running a 3.6 and take it to 4ltr. as it would be even more significant an improvement :thumb: :thumb:

Just read in total911 that Sharkwerks are doing a 4.1 conversion for 997 GT3 and GT3 RS variants, starting at $59,000!!!!!

:floor: Well anyone with a GT3RS who needs more speed is likely to have $59k , but is it really needed and thats a big chunk of money :grin:

On the plus side Phil, make sure you listen to Baz when he explains to you how to run the car in. I think you might be pleasantly surprised :drive:

You will be! I was! "Drive it spiritedly but not loading it too much. ie. change down to go up hills don't drive on the torque."
This is what I am doing for mine, but be prepared, it seems to get through a bit of oil!

Yes chatting to both Baz and Grant , I was told not to drive at the same speed on the motorway and to use the gears and drive enthusiastically . using all the rev range. driving economically and running in dont seem to go together :grin: :grin: so now looking forward to it :grin:

Drive enthusiastically going forward Phil, not in neutral! :D

medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
jl-c said:
medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
Rojdog said:

Drive enthusiastically going forward Phil, not in neutral! :D

:floor: :floor: I hear what your says Mick :grin: :grin: no reving the nads off it until its run in :nooo:

jl-c said:

Hartech told me to expect oil consumption fairly high and they were right, for the first 5k I'd estimate is was using as much oil as it was before the rebuild, which was never that bad anyway, around half a litre every 1k, I think it's a little less now! Just shows that these engines do burn oil :thumb:

I bet you can't wait to get her back! Any idea of when Phil?

Chris, Hoping for back end of Jan. I really am looking forward to driving it again , I have only had it running for a couple of weeks since getting back from Dinslaken last May. :grin: what with the gearbox clutch and flywheel first then the engine. :thumb: :thumb:

And in the meanwhile Phil is keeping the oil price up by using the Bentley as his daily driver....

:)

mikeluke said:
And in the meanwhile Phil is keeping the oil price up by using the Bentley as his daily driver....

:)

That is very true Mike and at 11mpg I am looking forward to getting the environmentally friendly 18 mpg Porsche back :grin: :grin:

11 mpg? Ouch!

mikeluke said:
11 mpg? Ouch!

Same as our Jag XK 11mpg around town. If you used it in 'sport' and gave it some beans it used to do 2.3mpg :eek: I couldn't pour it in that quick using a bucket!
Pass anything except a petrol station :floor:

2.3! wow.

I cant wait to see some pics of your car phil once it returns.

RXP. said:
2.3! wow.

I cant wait to see some pics of your car phil once it returns.

C'mon Phil, you know you want one :)

Attachments

• img_0986_170.jpg
    img_0986_170.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 1,875
Won't be long now now Phil.

If you were in Wales you get a free bus pass at 60 which would help reduce the Bentley running costs :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back