Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 order... What are your specs?

sideways said:
Just sent my spec to the dealer, but I cant decide on the wheels... i'm torn between Carrera Exclusive Design wheels and the Classic's.
Straw poll of opinions?

I'm thinking the Carrera Exclusive at present... will be intrigued to see them in the flesh in a few weeks time.

Call today to tell me mid March final build. Delivery by end March very early April
Hoping it arrives before the chaos at seaports.... 😜
Managed to add the sports design wheel as a final spec change.
Engaging full Tigger mode!

6appeal said:
sideways said:
Just sent my spec to the dealer, but I cant decide on the wheels... i'm torn between Carrera Exclusive Design wheels and the Classic's.
Straw poll of opinions?

I'm thinking the Carrera Exclusive at present... will be intrigued to see them in the flesh in a few weeks time.

I went Classics with Matt black inside paint d. I liked them all and found it was really hard to make a decision. Great problem to have I suppose!

sideways said:
Call today to tell me mid March final build. Delivery by end March very early April
Hoping it arrives before the chaos at seaports.... 😜
Managed to add the sports design wheel as a final spec change.
Engaging full Tigger mode!

That's great news! When do you have to lock your spec by? My lock date is mid feb and build in March with delivery start of April.

I'm torn between getting an S in April, or a Carrera in June.

Same dilemma as I had last time... the car is for road use, I won't be taking it on a track, the Carrera is blooming blisteringly fast!... for the extra £10k, aside from the top trumps of a bit more boost pressure to add about 40 horses, with the body shells now the same, what do you get for the extra £10k?

I've specced up an S on the configurator, to be same spec as my current car... list is £93, plus £12 of bits, takes it to £105. My 991.2 car was £79, plus £12 of bits taking it to £91. So I assume the price increase of 992 is about £4K so I have a choice of £95 or £105... for practically the same car.

Such a dilemma.

6appeal said:
I'm torn between getting an S in April, or a Carrera in June.

Same dilemma as I had last time... the car is for road use, I won't be taking it on a track, the Carrera is blooming blisteringly fast!... for the extra £10k, aside from the top trumps of a bit more boost pressure to add about 40 horses, with the body shells now the same, what do you get for the extra £10k?

I've specced up an S on the configurator, to be same spec as my current car... list is £93, plus £12 of bits, takes it to £105. My 991.2 car was £79, plus £12 of bits taking it to £91. So I assume the price increase of 992 is about £4K so I have a choice of £95 or £105... for practically the same car.

Such a dilemma.

I'll be ordering the base 992 shortly and I think for a 'daily car' it's just fine :)

P992GAM said:
That's great news! When do you have to lock your spec by? My lock date is mid feb and build in March with delivery start of April.

Honestly i didn't ask about lock in. I assumed, possibly wrongly, that it was from now. I'm happy with my spec and the price is already making the other half tut :nooo:

sideways said:
P992GAM said:
... and the price is already making the other half tut :nooo:

Lol, yes, I need to develop my confession strategy...

Think i'm going to confirm my order tomorrow....

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLLESV30

• GT Silver Metallic
    Black leather interior (Crayon stitching)
    Deletion of model designation
    Privacy glass
    Electric folding exterior mirrors including courtesy lighting
    Sports exhaust system in black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
    Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch
    20/21-inch Carrera Classic wheels
    Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest
    Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
    ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera
    Porsche Entry & Drive
    Light design package
    GT sport steering wheel in leather, heated
    Red or Crayon seat belts Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
    Porsche Crest embossed on centre console armrest Porsche Exclusive
    Porsche Crest embossed on headrests Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
    Interior Wood Paldao interior package Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
    BOSE® Surround Sound System

Nice spec 6. I really like the wood but 'wood" like to see it in the flesh.

Dilemma on the wood trim... it'll be either awesome or rubbish lol...

A number of reviews have recommended the wood trim with the 992 interior design.

Carbon trim - Have had a number of times, 20yr old tech now?

Brushed Alu - had that for my last three cars

Painted trim - never had that before? a possible alternative?

Leather trim - already a lovely amount of leather.

Decisions, decisions...

A nice spec indeed! I thought privacy glass on 911's was generally not preferred? Thought most people didn't like them and for resale it was best avoided. Unless that has changed in recent times?

No, don't think so. Have seen quite a few and no issue with mine when buying or trading in.

Rear wiper is the controversial one lol (not a fan myself, I wouldn't buy one with).

its mainly the key colour combo... majority of the rest is academic... PDK, SC, Exhaust the top 3 "essentials".

To badge, or de-badge the rear???[/img]

Attachments

• 911a_330.jpg
    911a_330.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 3,203

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back