Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Moshammer Ducktail

...tis a literal definition of its impact when fitted to any car that doesn't live on the track...

FZP said:
GMG said:
...the eponymous ...'spoiler'...
What else do you call it :dont know:

Phew you just got in there Frank, must be the very last word I learn of 2018 :grin: :grin: :grin:

GMG said:
...tis a literal definition of its impact when fitted to any car that doesn't live on the track...

A little harsh!

I, like many, love a nice spoiler :D

GMG said:
Sorry Chief, but it's not the "literal" definition at all. Yours is an inferred definition rather than the eponymous use of the term, spoiler.
As DR says, we're a broad church and I'm a fan of spoilers, splitters, and side skirts when done well.
I'm also a fan of the sleeper look, 911R or GT3 Touring as an example. Each to their own

FZP said:
Looking at the pics earlier on in the thread, I'd be surprised if it just pokes it's top edge onto view, much like the standard spoiler does when extended.
From my understanding, you swap the top out and leave the rest in place, then code out the spoiler deployment with a PIWIS

FWIW I can confirm that the Foxwell NT520 diagnostic tool can disable the spoiler lift. Easy DIY if you don't want to go to OPC

systech1 said:
FWIW I can confirm that the Foxwell NT520 diagnostic tool can disable the spoiler lift. Easy DIY if you don't want to go to OPC

Any idea if it can disable PASM too? Might be a tool worth investing in :?:

DucatiRob said:
systech1 said:

Hi Rob,

According to the attached functions list it can disable PASM and lots of other functions. BUT I have only confirmed that the spoiler lift can be disabled..and have not actually tested any other functions so buyer beware ;-). I'm a bit wary of trying out an unknown device for fear of disabling a major gateway or whatever.

Having said that I also have a function list prepared by someone else which appears to be based on some actual testing of the various other functions (on his car at least) and will also post that if you want.

Based on my admittedly limited comparison of the various other "low cost" tools out there (which accordingly does NOT include PIWIS and Durametric) this appears to be as good as it gets as far as I can tell.

Attachments

• foxwell_nt510_porsche_function_list_300.pdf
    121.9 KB · Views: 66
systech1 said:
DucatiRob said:
systech1 said:

Hi Rob,

Having said that I also have a function list prepared by someone else which appears to be based on some actual testing of the various other functions (on his car at least) and will also post that if you want.

Here it is...shows the functional command hierarchy

Regards, Peter

Attachments

• foxwell_nt510_520_coding_hierarchy_656.pdf
    125.1 KB · Views: 71
systech1 said:
Here it is...shows the functional command hierarchy

Regards, Peter

Thank you Peter :thumb: Looks like it will do the job, good tool worth investing in I think!

Phil 997 said:
FZP said:
Looking at the pics earlier on in the thread, I'd be surprised if it just pokes it's top edge onto view, much like the standard spoiler does when extended.
From my understanding, you swap the top out and leave the rest in place, then code out the spoiler deployment with a PIWIS

Yes Frank your right ,it a 15min job at the OPC to turn off the pop up spoiler. Then the new ducktail or any other pop up section replacement spoiler just fits in.

....but dont you need the original spoiler up so you can unscrew it? can you just pull it up when its been disabled??

From my understanding, all you ate coding out it the auto lift/close portion of the spoiler. You can still raise/close via the spoiler button

blue2 said:
Phil 997 said:
FZP said:

Yes Frank your right ,it a 15min job at the OPC to turn off the pop up spoiler. Then the new ducktail or any other pop up section replacement spoiler just fits in.

....but dont you need the original spoiler up so you can unscrew it? can you just pull it up when its been disabled??

Either way I would suggest fitting the ducktail first and then disabling the lift mechanism (either yourself via the Foxwell NT 520 or via PIWIS at the OPC)

FZP said:
From my understanding, all you ate coding out it the auto lift/close portion of the spoiler. You can still raise/close via the spoiler button

Based on my experience using the Foxwell NT520 disabling the spoiler lift function also disables a manual lift via the console switch. Perhaps PIWIS does not but I doubt this.

systech1 said:
FZP said:

Based on my experience using the Foxwell NT520 disabling the spoiler lift function also disables a manual lift via the console switch. Perhaps PIWIS does not but I doubt this.

I know guys change the parameters of the speed at which the spoiler deploys, but I don't know what the windows are. I.e, only deploy at 189mph

The guys who usually change them do it to deploy earlier or under certain acceleration load. I've seen it on rennlist a few times

Does anybody know which spoiler this is. Retains the reflective strip and incorporates a brake light?

Attachments

• capture_138.jpg
    capture_138.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,272

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back