Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Moshammer Ducktail

Not overly keen on the Spoiler insert type ducktails and when you consider the price for the part I find that the RPM one is a pretty decent value and full CF.

Interestingly and not considered by me previously but the moshammer and flying ducktail do still allow a 4S to have the red band across the back as they are only replacing the pop up sections . I know this was asked ages ago on another ducktail thread.

:thumb:

Attachments

• fb_img_1541574148908_475_535.jpg
    fb_img_1541574148908_475_535.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 5,535
I take it the discount price is direct from Moshammer Berlin as it still shows €1300 inc postage on TC-Concepts ?

Phil 997 said:
Interestingly and not considered by me previously but the moshammer and flying ducktail do still allow a 4S to have the red band across the back as they are only replacing the pop up sections . I know this was asked ages ago on another ducktail thread.

:thumb:

That's looking almost as good as Herman yellow :thumb:

Has anyone fitted one of the sport classic ducktails supplied by Design 911? As i am also looking to make my 2S have a more Retro / distinctive look and had been looking at options. I like the look of the sport classic look but no idea on quality of these parts? https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=21258

SGH said:
Decision made and I have ordered the Moshammer one, I will post pics when it arrives and on installation.

Look forward to the installation and finished pics :thumb: Make sure whoever paints it for you uses a good quality etch primer!

yep pics please :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Did anybody by the Moshammer ducktail in the sale, or have one fitted?

How easy is it to disable the spoiler lift mechanism, as it looks like lifting these ducktails removes all rear window visibility?

Looking at the pics earlier on in the thread, I'd be surprised if it just pokes it's top edge onto view, much like the standard spoiler does when extended.
From my understanding, you swap the top out and leave the rest in place, then code out the spoiler deployment with a PIWIS

FZP said:
Looking at the pics earlier on in the thread, I'd be surprised if it just pokes it's top edge onto view, much like the standard spoiler does when extended.
From my understanding, you swap the top out and leave the rest in place, then code out the spoiler deployment with a PIWIS

Yes Frank your right ,it a 15min job at the OPC to turn off the pop up spoiler. Then the new ducktail or any other pop up section replacement spoiler just fits in.

Thanks for the comments; going to seriously consider that during 2019. I like the way fitment is a 30min DIY job and easily fully reversible.

GMG said:
...the eponymous ...'spoiler'...
What else do you call it :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back