Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 17
997 : 2004- 72
996 : 1997-2005 33
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 18
Cayman : 2005- 17
Cayenne : 2003- 5
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 2
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

keendean
Monza

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jumped after a break from a 997 C4S, a Cayman S, then a 997.2 C4S with PSE, for the money it felt very similar, and I missed the noise of the Gen 1 and was not so keen on the DFI unit, so next move was a 997.1 Turbo and a few mods, it’s a weekend car and have a beater. The turbo needs springs, DSC controller and a choice exhaust. So ensure you have a few grand set aside, all IMO of course. Also, set aside money for some of the oil lines to be replaced and possibly the Tandem pump or cover, and new condensers if not already fitted. Drive a Gen 2 C4S then a Turbo, it’s a very difference experience, both good, just depends on how ‘polished’ you want the experience I guess Smile The Turbo does feel light at high speeds to me, and has felt as if it’s bouncing at the front under hard braking, but hope the Techart springs, DSC + alignment will improve. Have fun hunting Thumb

isysman
Zolder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the price of said Turbo has increased to £48.500. Still a good price. I can see why the interior could put people off, it's not for everyone. I felt the same way about the interior on my Boxster but when I saw it in person I liked it. I'd still rather have had a black interior though.

SCPoster
Silverstone

2004 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keendean wrote:
I jumped after a break from a 997 C4S, a Cayman S, then a 997.2 C4S with PSE, for the money it felt very similar, and I missed the noise of the Gen 1 and was not so keen on the DFI unit, so next move was a 997.1 Turbo and a few mods, it’s a weekend car and have a beater. The turbo needs springs, DSC controller and a choice exhaust. So ensure you have a few grand set aside, all IMO of course. Also, set aside money for some of the oil lines to be replaced and possibly the Tandem pump or cover, and new condensers if not already fitted. Drive a Gen 2 C4S then a Turbo, it’s a very difference experience, both good, just depends on how ‘polished’ you want the experience I guess Smile The Turbo does feel light at high speeds to me, and has felt as if it’s bouncing at the front under hard braking, but hope the Techart springs, DSC + alignment will improve. Have fun hunting Thumb

Have a big birthday coming up in 2 years so have already planned for that special car - the keeper. Although my current car was a keeper also 😍

What puts me off the older cars (have a 54 plate C2S) is the maintenance - coolant pipes, brake lines, door seals, radiators, coil packs etc. Spent a fortune on my car and now have it right (always looks mint from six feet away - but the money is spent on what you don’t see). IMS was a relatively small bill that I got done as a precaution.

I guess if I had my time again I would have push my budget up and get a newer car. Interesting that you went from a 911 to Cayman and back. What did you think of the Cayman? Pity no AWD.

New997buyer
Fuji

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isysman wrote:
I noticed the price of said Turbo has increased to £48.500. Still a good price. I can see why the interior could put people off, it's not for everyone. I felt the same way about the interior on my Boxster but when I saw it in person I liked it. I'd still rather have had a black interior though.

Ironically I like the interior in your Boxster so much it’s influenced my next purchase. I really like the dark dash/central and upper half look with something lighter below. I think it really lifts the interior. thumbsup

keendean
Monza

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCPoster wrote:
keendean wrote:

Have a big birthday coming up in 2 years so have already planned for that special car - the keeper. Although my current car was a keeper also 😍

What puts me off the older cars (have a 54 plate C2S) is the maintenance - coolant pipes, brake lines, door seals, radiators, coil packs etc. Spent a fortune on my car and now have it right (always looks mint from six feet away - but the money is spent on what you don’t see). IMS was a relatively small bill that I got done as a precaution.

I guess if I had my time again I would have push my budget up and get a newer car. Interesting that you went from a 911 to Cayman and back. What did you think of the Cayman? Pity no AWD.

I had a mix match of cars between the Gen 1 C4S & Cayman (RS3, Golf R), and I could never scratch the Porsche itch, so bought a Cayman S in the end on a whim off of PH, with the same alloys and colour as my Gen 1 997. The Gen 1 I thought was amazing, the Cayman for the money, was a tad more raw, but very very capable in the dry and had a Carnewal exhaust, and I was hooked. Very connected to the road and with a price tag under 18k I was wondering why people pay more for a 911. But, I then needed more seats, as more children arrived, and my skills in the wet with the Cayman were being tested, and it was my daily, and also to get my older son to school. When driving the Gen 2, I was a little underwhelmed at first, but liked the interior and two year Porsche warranty, but the Turbo hits the nail on the head. The additional costs worried me, but my Turbo had new crank oil seal, plugs, major, brakes all round including hoses, and was put through a 111 not long before I bought it. I bought the Turbo on my birthday, its a keeper, and don't put many miles on it. But, there is a list of jobs I'd like to over time get sorted, and will use Kev at DW for its service coming up. Never a cheap car to run, the older they get. Like any Porsche, get the best car, and looked after car you can afford at the time, they are all great Very Happy

kas750
Reims

2006 Porsche 911

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New997buyer wrote:
isysman wrote:

Ironically I like the interior in your Boxster so much it’s influenced my next purchase. I really like the dark dash/central and upper half look with something lighter below. I think it really lifts the interior. thumbsup

Woah..woah..Roll that one back sparky!!! Mr. Green

News on a new motor then? thumbsup

New997buyer
Fuji

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kas750 wrote:
New997buyer wrote:
isysman wrote:

Woah..woah..Roll that one back sparky!!! Mr. Green

News on a new motor then? thumbsup

Very Happy

HSC911
Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an Alfa then Dont know

Grin

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: