Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ohlins Suspension Upgrade and Refresh

Nice move. You won't regret it. Love my Ohlins on my 911. I wanted the TechArt suspension which is based on Dampronics, but I found out the hard way there was a backlog on them (ordered them and then a few days before they arrived was told they was a backlog). I wanted to keep the PASM button active even though I never used it.

Anyway now that I have the Ohlins I'm very happy.

If you live closer to me then Tech9 can set them up. They did a great job with mine. They race cars as well so they know how to set them up.

isysman said:
Nice move. You won't regret it. Love my Ohlins on my 911. I wanted the TechArt suspension which is based on Dampronics, but I found out the hard way there was a backlog on them (ordered them and then a few days before they arrived was told they was a backlog). I wanted to keep the PASM button active even though I never used it.

Anyway now that I have the Ohlins I'm very happy.

If you live closer to me then Tech9 can set them up. They did a great job with mine. They race cars as well so they know how to set them up.

Hi Isysman, I'm near Milton Keynes so Centre Gravity are not too far away from me! I do wish I had a good Indie like Tech9 near to me though!

I did consider the Bilstein Damptronics too, it would have been nice to retain the PASM, but I never use it anyway so it's no great loss! The Bilstein's are good, from all the reviews I have read but the à–hlins are generally considered the best option for all round handling and ride. Plus the price is very un-Ohlins like... I paid £2,200 which is about the same as the rear shock on my bike :eek: . Ohlins TTX are £6-7k, so way out of my range! I believe the R&T are made in Japan (by Yamaha who used to own Ohlins), rather that Sweden like most of their stuff, so that probably explains the good price :thumb:

would be worth doing the bushes while you are at it, powerflex purple wont give any extra NVH

mermade said:
would be worth doing the bushes while you are at it, powerflex purple wont give any extra NVH

Definitely, the spyderperformance kit comes with Powerlex bushes, another reason they seem great value to me!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332716289344

Will be having a chat with CG in the New Year to talk through what else I need to consider.

So I'm all ready for my trip to Centre Gravity on Thursday morning! I decided against Powerflex bushes and the Spyderperformance control arms/diagonals, Just a little concerned about the potential for creaking and fitment!

Have bought new lower control arms all round, top mounts and bearings, front diagonals, inner and outer track rods and front drop links. I wanted to do more but this has turned out to be a bit more expensive than I had originally budgeted for! Will eventually replace the rear diagonals and when I can find some reasonably priced adjustable drop links, those too!

IMG-1986.jpg

Couldn't resist unboxing everything :D
IMG-1991.jpg

Planning to hang around a little at CG while they do the work and take a few pics :camera:

Rob, when I was there recently Chris was happy for me to ask questions and walk under the car. He is keen on transparency, rightly so, and I'm sure you'll be able to take pictures. Hope the weather is OK for you!
Regards, Mike.

Counter Of Beans said:
Rob, when I was there recently Chris was happy for me to ask questions and walk under the car. He is keen on transparency, rightly so, and I'm sure you'll be able to take pictures. Hope the weather is OK for you!
Regards, Mike.

Cheers Mike :thumb: They have said they are happy for me to hang around and I will do on and off, it will take nearly two days so I don't want to get under their feet!
Fingers crossed the weather front :eek: doesn't look like I will be able to test out the handling too much once it's done!

You'll end up getting very good at making tea!

I stayed locally at the pub the recommended (Red Lion?), ok and very cheap.

maldren said:
You'll end up getting very good at making tea!

I stayed locally at the pub the recommended (Red Lion?), ok and very cheap.

I stayed the night before at the Travelodge at the M42 junction 10 services area. It was fine and cost £30 - breakfast from the Greggs next door. Ten minute drive to Center Gravity.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back