Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sagging front end...

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
I noticed the near side front on my car is sitting a little lower than the other side, maybe as much as 10mm

I've looked at the strut and I've not got a cracked spring, but the shoc does look rusty, bump stops have gone and the top plate is quite corroded.

Any thoughts on which components it's likely to be, as I've got PASM i'm hoping not the £500 shock.

Thanks

:agree:

10mm difference in height and i would strongly suspect a broken spring .. you have the feel around the base of the spring .. if a gap between the spring and the base lock (a raised section ) then its broken .

Pasm is a little tricky to change .. if the top nut spins the shaft then it will kill the shock .. you have to go slow on these and kinda keep your fingers crossed .

Many Thanks to you both.... will check in the morning. Thinking if I f*** it up then a good opportunity to put something different on all round.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back