Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Garage floor recommendations

The first half was level (to the right side) , however the other side was about half an inch low and required self-levelling compound first. Still pretty easy as I laid the level side first then used the self levelling compound on the other side, prior to tiling. The tiles aren't expensive but the pucka adhesive is.

I bought a cheap tile cutter (30 quid) (rotary disk cutter) which went through them like butter, the only thing I'd do differently is chose a tile with better slip resistance (at least R12) mine were R10. And a smaller size (I used 600 x 600) which are hard to lay on anything but a perfect level floor.

If mine get wet they are slippy! But fine when dry. With wet tyres the car will slide if you're not careful.

I have mototile coin top tiles in my garage, and they got stained from general winter grim off the tyres within two weeks.

If doing it again I'd either paint the floor or go ceramic tiles.

I've recently done our double garage in my our house.

For the ceiling I used some pvc cladding which I had taken off the front of the house. It reflects loads of light and noticeably makes the space a lot brighter. I also used it to partition off a work bench area to keep dust off the cars.

For the floor I used this stuff from Duratex: https://www.duratex.co.uk/pvc-floor...tile-50cm-x-50cm-x-12mm-thick-checkerlok.html. It's very grippy, something like R13 iirc. Looks good and (so far) no marks at all. Installed it by myself in a day with no prep required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back