Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 not intended as a scare story and is just my Car

jl-c said:
This do?

[/url]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Car-Land-Rover-Series-AA-RAC-Running-In-Please-Pass-Sticker-Window-Decal/281664787132?epid=1688711945&hash=item41948792bc:g:XKkAAOSwrklVMC-g

:floor: :floor: :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: might order just for a laugh :thumb:

brownspeed said:
my generous offer still stands Phil. the ferrets get car sick so we never take them out

:grin: Thanks mate, I now have a weird vision in my head of a bloke with a flat cap driving my car down coronation street with ferrets on the back seat.
isn't racing pigeons another Northern hobby :grin: down here we just sit on the steps of St Pauls asking for a penny to feed them :floor: :floor:

mikeluke said:
DrJimBone said:
Luddite said:
find the kind of sticker that used to be stuck on the rear screen of new cars to inform following motorists that the vehicle was being driven slowly as it was in the process of running in a new engine

I think we should all club together and get him some of those green "P" plates...

:thumb:

They will match the mankini

:grin: :grin: after the hysterics in government this week maybe we need to call them personkinis :floor:

MisterCorn said:
That looks fantastic. If you are fitting it yourself I would be very interested to read about the process. It is only a matter of time before I swap an engine on a 996. I only come here to learn how to fix them.

MC

Mr C, I honestly envy you guys that can confidently wield a spanner. I cannot and learnt years ago to stick to what I know I can do without ending up in hospital or doing even more damage. So Hartech will be reinstalling it in the car, Chipwizards will be having it for a few days to work their magic on the maps after Hartech's magic, then I can just point and go :grin: :grin: :thumb:

How long do Hartech guarantee it for :dont know: Only a matter of time before you blow it up again :eek:

spongebob squarepants said:
How long do Hartech guarantee it for :dont know: Only a matter of time before you blow it up again :eek:

:grin: I have no idea mate, but it should now be Philproof which it seems is the next level up from bullet proof :floor: :floor:

That pic looks great, have you had anything upgraded or just a straight rebuild?

Unfortunately Hartech are not quite ready yet with upgrade options for the gen2.
They are working hard to get them ready but as I am sure we all understand new developments need considerable testing in various conditions to ensure they are robust enough for Hartech to put their name behind something and offer it for sale.
The Gen2 options I am sure will roll out during 2019 but unfortunately for me mine went bang a bit to early to take full advantage of many of the future proof and bullet proof option that will be made available for the gen2 in the same way as they have for the gen1 .
On a positive note the engine is basically new now and as the gen2 engine is supposedly more robust anyway I hope to be trouble free for a few years . Also after discussions with Baz and Grant I realise that the future proof options and upgrades are always cheaper if you take them a good fully working engine, so those options will still be open to me over the next couple of years to consider.
:eek: :eek: blimey just read that back I sound like a salesman for Hartech :grin: :grin: but due to the great communications with Hartech I now understand the process and whats involved when they develop improvements and how much time effort and money is spend by them trying to find ways to improve our Porsche ownership experiences. :thumb: :thumb:

That's a shame but a good as new engine will still be just as sweet.

Haven't had any work done by Hartech before, the only place I would really consider when rebuilding.

Would love the 4l upgrade when its ready but I'm still poor from buying my car!

Rojdog said:

Haven't had any work done by Hartech before, the only place I would really consider when rebuilding.

yes the 4ltr does sound like it will be a great car , and even better if your running a 3.6 and take it to 4ltr. as it would be even more significant an improvement :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Rojdog said:

yes the 4ltr does sound like it will be a great car , and even better if your running a 3.6 and take it to 4ltr. as it would be even more significant an improvement :thumb: :thumb:

Just read in total911 that Sharkwerks are doing a 4.1 conversion for 997 GT3 and GT3 RS variants, starting at $59,000!!!!!

My gut instinct says sacrilege. A 997.2 GT3RS would be in my never sell or mod garage

medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
Rojdog said:

Just read in total911 that Sharkwerks are doing a 4.1 conversion for 997 GT3 and GT3 RS variants, starting at $59,000!!!!!

:floor: Well anyone with a GT3RS who needs more speed is likely to have $59k , but is it really needed and thats a big chunk of money :grin:

Phil 997 said:
medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
Rojdog said:

:floor: Well anyone with a GT3RS who needs more speed is likely to have $59k , but is it really needed and thats a big chunk of money :grin:

What has happened to the real Phil :D :D :D
On the plus side Phil, make sure you listen to Baz when he explains to you how to run the car in. I think you might be pleasantly surprised :drive:

medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
Rojdog said:

What has happened to the real Phil :D :D :D
On the plus side Phil, make sure you listen to Baz when he explains to you how to run the car in. I think you might be pleasantly surprised :drive:

You will be! I was! "Drive it spiritedly but not loading it too much. ie. change down to go up hills don't drive on the torque."
This is what I am doing for mine, but be prepared, it seems to get through a bit of oil!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back