Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flat battery again

Once again i agree with thecarfixer .. this is the most obvious item that has failed ..

Strange that it has been replaced and im guessing just prior to it being sold .. makes me wonder if this was the reason the car was sold :?:

ignition on and as you say dash lights on then the alarm should not trip when disconnecting the battery .. basically the alarm control unit doesnt know the position of the ignition lock .

You can change the ignition lock with the battery connected .. ive done .. one or two shall we say and never disconnect the battery .

I differ from others here in that i always change the entire lock with a Porsche only ignition lock .. there have been a few posts here about the electric block not working correctly when replaced on its own .

One check please although your sysptoms are totall wrong for this but just check the alarm control unit (under the passenger seat ) is dry .. check the carpets behind the passenger seat as well .. make sure that again they are dry .

Last thing .. were abouts in the country are you ? no where near Brighton i take it ?

EDIT ..

PM Delanor .. he found the correct block after the first one wasnt any good .

Sudbury suffolk I'm about two hours away I'm afraid. But thanks I'll order a new switch first . Was the part number correct 4A0905849B.

You need to PM Delanor .. the first one he bought didnt work correctly , he found the correct one .. for me im afraid i just fit Porsche parts so cant help here .

I tend to agree as well! (sound like politicians here) in that I'd be wanting to thoroughly check all connections are sound (and clean/not corroded) with the alarm control unit, as well as the ignition switch as it's been disturbed recently with a replacement.

It's impossible to diagnose through t'interweb, and substituting parts in an effort to fix the issue can start to get expensive...

If you're not too comfortable going through checking connectivity and following circuit diagrams, a good/well regarded auto spark should have you up and running properly in no time..

Just a quick update. I finally got around to fitting a new exide premium battery and new ignition switch, all faults disappeared and enjoying being able to sleep at night knowing the neighbours are not being woken by my car alarm. It's a very happy Christmas

Attachments

• 20180825_184953_157.jpg
    20180825_184953_157.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 2,368
Jhayward said:
Just a quick update. I finally got around to fitting a new exide premium battery and new ignition switch, all faults disappeared and enjoying being able to sleep at night knowing the neighbours are not being woken by my car alarm. It's a very happy Christmas

Hi.. glad to see you have sorted the problem
Any chance of the details of the correct ignition switch part number, and where to buy? Will be changing mine in the springtime as have had Battery drain probs also (but at the moment kept under control with battery conditioner connected overnight)
Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back