Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 head light bulb upgrade ------------

-- 997 --

Hiya all, merrrry christmas first of all !!!

Second... im looking to upgrade my headlight bulbs to something more brighter and sharper if there is any? I.e. LED style etc? As far as i know i think i have standard factory bulbs, if any of you good guys have any recommendations or even links would be great to get an idea of what they are like etc...

Cheers..

J

merry xmas to you to

:floor: :floor: :floor: love the xmas lights

My only advise would be make sure you have a friendly MOT guy or be prepared to swap them out for MOT if you haven't got headlight washers and self adjusting lights. there are some good canbus ready ones on ebay something around 5000 as any higher and they start to get quite blue.

Ok as picture below, seems like i have Xenon Lights, i guess that is the brightest i can go? Or can i change the main bulb for something sharper?

Cheers

J

Attachments

• 20181228_122537_114.jpg
    20181228_122537_114.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,217
if you have Xenons then just stick with the right bulbs.

you might be able to add a slightly better one but depends on what they are.

is it a Phillips H7 bulb?

a new bulb will be brighter of course as they do degrade over time. when you fit a new bulb make sure you follow the instructions

I think you have to put then on for an hour or so to let them burn up and through.

worth having a look at you tube and what Michael Bath has been doing to his 997 and some good upgrade vids - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz4h9pZ1Hj4

also Auto Amateur - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f7sPmBVHGw

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back