Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gear Shift

jond58

Finally got round today to installing the gear shifter I purchased earlier in the year. It's a new 997 one from the OPC. Removed the old metal short shift that had been installed by the previous owner and marked all the cable ends, installed and drives with all gears engaging far less notchy and with a little more distance between shifts but accurate. One query though. When it's in neutral the shift seems to lie more naturally left if that makes any sense, ie not central. Is this an adjustment issue?? And seen as I have six forward and one reverse does anyone know how or what direction to adjust as I'd like ideally to keep it a six speed!!!

I have the green thing, it came with it. I had to pull the left cable to get it back to the mark I had on it but the right one dropped on the mark so logical says maybe pull the right one?!? I just don't want to be without gears by messing!! The shift is longer with the 997 I bought but much better shifting for me.

You've set the lateral cable clamp in the wrong position. 2 min job to set...........without the centre console in. No tool required, just undo the clamp when the car's in neutral, hold the lever in the desired position and re-do the clamp.

Is that the left hand one?!? I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have pulled that cable to line up and should have left it to be where it was?!? Gt3 console delete so 7 screws and some clips, fifteen minutes tops to remove the centre console so it's not a hassle

Yeah - the left one :thumb:

Ah?!? Silly me! I had them marked up and sort of second checked myself having to pull that one slightly?! Should have trusted my gut instinct and left it where it was!! Oh well a good excuse to escape Christmas and do some tinkering!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back