Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 newbie questions

jl-c said:
Certainly sounds an odd one! But it also sounds as if it may be load dependant which to me means a probable bad earth, gone high resistance. Find every earth lead you can, remove it, check the crimp joint for corrosion (usually white or greeny crystals) clean the tag face and the face it bolts to, wirebrush the screw/bolt then replace. Once that is done try it again. If the same start on power connections with the battery and starter motor ones first. That is the way I would approach it now. We can't see it but to me it doesn't sound like a fault that software will identify.

Thanking you for that, i'll have a search online for where they are and check them out.
It does seem load dependant, but also feels like the battery is taking longer to get fully charged and operate my electrics, it's not slow to crank/fire up though ... :?:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back