Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sales service

sideways

I'm looking for a bit of feedback.
I've ordered my 992 C4S back in September and finalised the spec the day after launch with a rough delivery estimate of March.

All good so far.

My issue is with the response from the sales guy whenever I email him. It takes usually 2 or 3 days for a reply to a fairly simple question or request. I am currently on day 3 of waiting to hear regarding final spec cut off and or delivery expectation if spec is closed.
He's a perfectly nice guy and was great in the showroom but I get the feeling of being treated a bit 2nd class now he has my order.

I've had 3 Porsche from this dealer plus a couple of previous Boxsters they looked after so I'm not new to them.
If my customers email me, I get back to them within 24 hours especially people who spend a fair bit. Given an order for nearly 120k I just would have expected really attentive service.

Am I being unreasonable expecting excellent customer service?

Merry Christmas!

:hand: Shussshhhh! Nobody reply until Tuesday :floor:

sideways said:
I'm looking for a bit of feedback.
I've ordered my 992 C4S back in September and finalised the spec the day after launch with a rough delivery estimate of March.

All good so far.

My issue is with the response from the sales guy whenever I email him. It takes usually 2 or 3 days for a reply to a fairly simple question or request. I am currently on day 3 of waiting to hear regarding final spec cut off and or delivery expectation if spec is closed.
He's a perfectly nice guy and was great in the showroom but I get the feeling of being treated a bit 2nd class now he has my order.

I've had 3 Porsche from this dealer plus a couple of previous Boxsters they looked after so I'm not new to them.
If my customers email me, I get back to them within 24 hours especially people who spend a fair bit. Given an order for nearly 120k I just would have expected really attentive service.

Am I being unreasonable expecting excellent customer service?

Merry Christmas!

Send him an email telling him that you want to cancel the order, I bet that gets his attention :floor:

Swampy said:
Send him an email telling him that you want to cancel the order, I bet that gets his attention :floor:

Been tempted to ask what the final cut off for cancellation is 😜

Bit old fashioned I know, but have you tried calling him on the telephone?

I can't find a 'spitting coffee out' emoticon...

pzero said:

I've heard of this 'calling" it sounds great but don't think it'll catch on. 🤣

Yep. Never available and the last time no call back.

I'm not losing sleep over this just curious if others had similar experience or if I expect too much from a dealer. Volvo were excellent with the wife's recent order so I expected at least the same I guess.
The last salesman when I bought the 991 was great but he left.

Email him a link to this thread..... 911uk members will soon escalate the thread with multiple hits, let's see how 'relaxed' his responses are then :thumb:

DynoMike said:
Email him a link to this thread..... 911uk members will soon escalate the thread with multiple hits, let's see how 'relaxed' his responses are then :thumb:

+1 :thumb:

Cheers guys.
Will see how he is after Xmas. No point in getting excited before hand!

Have a good Christmas all

Sums up the whole Porsche experience since 1997 when they moved from engineering excellence & build quality niche manufacturer of sports cars to a semi mass producer of poorly designed, poorly built semi mass producer of SUV's, family saloon's & some sports cars. Once they have your money they don't give a damn about you.

pzero said:

What's this 'calling' that you talk of :dont know:

GARY S said:
Sums up the whole Porsche experience since 1997 when they moved from engineering excellence & build quality niche manufacturer of sports cars to a semi mass producer of poorly designed, poorly built semi mass producer of SUV's, family saloon's & some sports cars. Once they have your money they don't give a damn about you.

Expected that post to be GSM is it? The chap with the wife that's in the know! :lol:

Wasn't that the same era as when they very nearly went down the pan? The Cayenne and Boxster saving their Pork based product? If you're correct in your opinion, I guess them still being here is a good thing isn't it? I know the Cayman sitting outside my house agrees.

HSC911 said:
pzero said:

Superceded by text and e mail :thumb: Most of the time I can't be ar sed to talk on the phone, I think it's a grumpy old man thing!?

spongebob squarepants said:
HSC911 said:
pzero said:

Superceded by text and e mail :thumb: Most of the time I can't be ar sed to talk on the phone, I think it's a grumpy old man thing!?

:eek:ld: yep, that'll be me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back