Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MK 2 Golf Rallye

Love a good mk2, had a late 8 Valver (Big bumper and all mod cons) as my first car.

G60 and the Ralleye are uber cool.

Locosaki said:
15k ONO. What sort of money is a good genuine G60 ?

I know my VW's and I would say its very hard to price that car as it has been modified so much, they are getting to the point of original is worth a lot more. Is any of the standard bits available?

Personally I like it and would maybe have a stab at it as it does seem like some nice components. The issue with the Mk2 and Rallye is rust, especially in the sills with these. Its a long long time since I saw a Rallye on the road so it would appeal, not so sure on the LHD.

Is it in Montrose or Dundee as I know there is a guy in Montrose that has had a few?

Orignal 4wd was the syncro system not haldex. Its all mechanical but does not like big power. There is a gut near me that has (in bits) a Vr6 turbo 6 speed one of these built about 20 years ago. Sadly I believe its still in bits.

Locosaki said:
15k ONO. What sort of money is a good genuine G60 ?

Haven't looked recently (plus they don't come up often anyway), but about a year ago I saw a roughish G60 (all there but needed a fair bit of tidying) up for £16K - it sold pretty quickly. Getting parts is becoming more of a problem now; there's a place in Austria that I buy all my engine consumables from, a place in France that often has better stock that VW Heritage in the UK but it's always a struggle. It took me over a year to find a replacement radiator for instance. The Rallye is probably worse for things like replacement Rallye-specific wings / arches, bumpers etc.

It's often the fear of damage that stops them being used given the difficulty with obtaining parts. Some of the pattern parts (bumpers are a particular problem) are just utter rubbish compared to the original VW quality.

Thanks all, no original engine parts with car at all so basically as you see it.

The car is in storage in Dundee so no idea where the owner is from, big vw man I gather.

I've had a few Mk2 GTi's but I've never been a rallye fan, G60 definitely.

Looks to have been found at the bottom of Beachy Head.

Thread resurrection....... did this ever come to fruition ? Just wondering as it looks like my old car? Imported mine from Cologne, previous owner was a Dr and had worked at or in the vicinity of Wolfsburg and was offered his at a reduced rate as he worked at the plant in occ health or similar, I think it was maybe 1998 when Germany changed its emission regs and these fell foul of the new limits so loads flooded into the U.K.

Mine had the NSR protective transfer on the arch missing where it was hit and repaired, even then the sticker wasn't available from the dealer. A shirt time later the charger piled in as I fitted a tiny pulley and had a re map at Jabba Sport ! I sold the engine then the car in 2001, I had intended fitting an S3 20 VT engine but I put that in a big bumper golf instead.

Be interesting to see if it does have that sticker on, the original other side had black dots on it like the ones found on some windscreens edges and it was this that couldn't be replicated 20 years ago.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back