Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cable in driver''s door shut

MattyR

Imola
Hi chaps, anyone know what the cable in the drivers door shut, with a ring-pull attached, leading into the front wing is for?..

Sorry, boring post.

There are a few others like this too - have a read of the manual so you know where they are when the nearly inevitable happens and you need them!
Then you can take a moment to admire the engineering that went into (at least some) of the 997
:D

Cheers gentlemen, much appreciated :thumb:

Aha... wondered what it was! Doh, obvious now :wack:

I wish they could have done the same thing with the bonnet rather than making you faff about with a power source and attaching to the earth on the door and the bit in the fuse box as I the you are much more likely to need to access the boot as the battery is in their than the fuel filler!!

Iansta said:
I wish they could have done the same thing with the bonnet rather than making you faff about with a power source and attaching to the earth on the door and the bit in the fuse box as I the you are much more likely to need to access the boot as the battery is in their than the fuel filler!!

Im afraid thats down to security .. if it was easy to open a bonnet or boot then any thief could quickly do that and grab what ever is in there with the alarm going off and leg it .

You can unlock the car with the key .. jump pack on the red peg and the door latch and open the bonnet .. its pretty quick .. i did a 981 2 days ago and its about 30 seconds .

Doesnt matter if the bonnet has been shut with the battery disconnected either .

Its alsways going to be a balenceing act .. not everyone has a jump pack .. but i feel not everyone wants the boot/bonnet to be easily opened .

A cable inside the car to do this would be a good idea .. but we are now down to cost and the amount it would be used .. again smash a window .. pull the cable and grab whats in the boot .. easy to argue the case either way .. sigh .

My 2 pennys anways :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back