Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any 997 drivers local to Milton Keynes?

9115INGH

Hey All,

I've had my car for over 5 yrs now and am getting tired of having to drive miles to meet up with fellow Porsche drivers or drive solo to events so thought I'd see if anyone is local to Milton Keynes?. I used to have an M3 and in those days there was around 5 of us, so we'd meet up, go for a " spirited " hoon, have coffee, some banter and head back.

Thought I'd see if any fellow 997 owners around before I lose my motivation totally and sell the thing and turn into an SUV driver.

Thanks!

Why just 997s :?:

If you suggest a date and venue for a meeting on the 'Meets and Events' sub-forum I'm sure you'll get a few takers. If the venue is right, and/or the drive promised is fun, people will travel to you.

T8 said:
Why just 997s :?:

If you suggest a date and venue for a meeting on the 'Meets and Events' sub-forum I'm sure you'll get a few takers. If the venue is right, and/or the drive promised is fun, people will travel to you.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion :) Wasn't trying to exclude others, it's just what I've got so thought other owners might be more enthusiastic to meet another person who has the same one locally. Talking point, same car... etc. Makes it perfect for spur of the moment " Nice day today, free for a quick blast to X in 30 mins?" type of thing :)

You weren't down Bedford Interchange a few days ago were you :dont know:

Saw a black 997 there whilst returning shite market quality garments to SportsDirect :sad:

:thumb:

I grew up near Milton Keynes and still have family there so am around the area quite a bit. Now based in Hitchin so only 40 mins down the road. Would be keen on a local meetup if there are enough people.

There will be the usual open day March/April as per the link here ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=126373

Hopefully its within reach and usually has a good turnout .. the exact date will be set next year but always around end of march and the beginning of April .

I haven't been to any meets, but I am based in Stevenage, so reasonable local. Could be persuaded!

HSC911 said:
You weren't down Bedford Interchange a few days ago were you :dont know:

Saw a black 997 there whilst returning shite market quality garments to SportsDirect :sad:

:thumb:

hey, na dude my cars been tucked away for the last 2 weeks.

Kettmark said:
Count me in. I replied to your similar post on Pistonheads.

Awesome! Looks like we have some guys who can potentially meet up :) Hopefully it will grow.

Thanks for replying guys! Do you guys use your cars throughout winter or put them away?

deMort said:
There will be the usual open day March/April as per the link here ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=126373

Hopefully its within reach and usually has a good turnout .. the exact date will be set next year but always around end of march and the beginning of April .

I am just outside MK and up for any meets in the area, will also be going to the Precision Porsche event above when a date is finalised!

9115INGH said:
Thanks for replying guys! Do you guys use your cars throughout winter or put them away?

Used all year round, don't understand the concept of hiding them away for half the year! Some of the best driving days are on cold clear mornings in the winter. :thumb:

9115INGH said:

I'm off on a 500+ mile round trip down to Cornwall in mine for Christmas!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back