Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cocoa Brown Interior

:grin: heres a pic of maybe what to avoid wood :grin: :grin: but even in that pic you can see how breaking it up helps soften it .
Another of an example of what can be done without spending a fortune retrimmers are geniuses and the black/brown I think looks stunning :thumb:
see the subtle bits like the brown mats retrimmed with black edges , when I did mine it was £35 to do all 4 with a leather edge that was as close to my aqua exterior as I could find .

Attachments

• 2354607_131.jpg
    2354607_131.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 3,668
  • 044989a15af0475c55eb3ac7335b4e6f_387.jpg
    044989a15af0475c55eb3ac7335b4e6f_387.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 3,668
Phil 997 said:
:grin: heres a pic of maybe what to avoid wood :grin: :grin: but even in that pic you can see how breaking it up helps soften it .
Another of an example of what can be done without spending a fortune retrimmers are geniuses and the black/brown I think looks stunning :thumb:
see the subtle bits like the brown mats retrimmed with black edges , when I did mine it was £35 to do all 4 with a leather edge that was as close to my aqua exterior as I could find .

Do you think the top of the dash can be re-trimmed fairly easily?

F*** me Phil, where did you find that monstrosity with the timber interior. That should be considered a crime against 911's, taste and decency.

OP - if you buy the car, I'll bet you don't end up doing a thing and love it the way it is :thumb:

alex yates said:
I must say FZP's interior is beautiful, especially againt the Silver.
I can't fault a man Alex when you have exquisite taste like you have

:)

Windy101 said:
Phil 997 said:

Do you think the top of the dash can be re-trimmed fairly easily?

There was a member earlier this year who saw a 991 he loved everything about it other than the interior, He sent the car to Linus at DesignLS who retrimmed the top of the dash and the tops of the doors and it looked stunning when done , the other option would be to buy a black leather dash top of ebay or from one of the Porsche breakers . heres an example of a retrimming service on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...h=item41e102c215:g:~pkAAOSwKGpa6MwB:rk:3:pf:0

benbuhagiar said:
I am always in favour of non-black interiors.

Same here.

FZP said:
...The beauty of it is that it's multifaceted dependant on ambient light. In low light conditions, it's rich and luxurious...

Yup, it's amazing how much it moves around depending on lighting.

Here's a few pics of mine in low light.

Attachments

• 2f3d5554_d81b_4582_a67b_ad11246b0e9e_185.jpeg
    2f3d5554_d81b_4582_a67b_ad11246b0e9e_185.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 2,216
  • 79082155_80a7_40ab_ba56_3a1b5a59128c_168.jpeg
    79082155_80a7_40ab_ba56_3a1b5a59128c_168.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 2,216
FZP said:
F*** me Phil, where did you find that monstrosity with the timber interior. That should be considered a crime against 911's, taste and decency.

Frank, an example of just how bad the taste of some Americans can be :grin: :grin: I agree the 911 is just not the right car for woodgrain trim :grin:I have yet to read a post that says "I Yacht varnished my 997 today" or "how do I treat wood worm in my 997" :floor: Love to see how deMort answered that one :floor: :grin: :thumb:

Phil,
I thought that those pictures of your car were after you had added MORE blue???

:?:

Windy101 said:
I am looking at a 997.2 which is a few hundred miles from me.

The car is Silver. Meteor Grey Mettalic.

This is not something I would have chosen and I would prefer black but should I discount a car purely on this interior colour.

What are peoples opinions on this colour choice. Will it bug me every day or will I forget about it?

I know this is a personal thing but I am looking for others opinions.

Thanks.

Should you discount the car car purely on the meteor and cocoa colour combination?
No, unless of course that particular combination is a deal breaker for you.

Will it bug you every day? :dont know: who knows but you.
Will you forget about it? Hopefully not if it's the car that you decide on. If you like it you should embrace it in my view.

As for others opinions - can of worms.

If everything else checks out then get it bought, meteor and cocoa is a solid combination.

If the rest of the car is exactly what you're looking for and you can live with it I'd go for it.

It's certainly not a colour combo that will devalue it whenever trade-in time comes.

That said, if you see it as major compromise you'd be better walking away. There's plenty of other cars out there.

Good Luck

T8 said:
If the rest of the car is exactly what you're looking for and you can live with it I'd go for it.

It's certainly not a colour combo that will devalue it whenever trade-in time comes.

That said, if you see it as major compromise you'd be better walking away. There's plenty of other cars out there.

Good Luck

I know its very much a personal decision, the reason I posted was I was struggling to make a decision.

I do appreciate the comments.

My 993 has a light grey interior which was not my first choice but it has never really bothered me.

You'd have to give any wood trim fitted car an extra good inspection with a Colini Stick :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back