Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New look for midnight blue

There's an idea James. Hadn't thought of that. I wouldn't be the worlds biggest fan of graphics though. I'm more of a plain or clean look type of guy.
If I went with a few graphics, I might get away with leaving the wheel colour as it is.
The plot thickens :?:

Maybe orange gt3 side decals

Attachments

• b0ffc818_df7b_41a9_962f_cbd21ddb5061_736.png
    b0ffc818_df7b_41a9_962f_cbd21ddb5061_736.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,771
I don't know why but ambers have really grown on me in the last year or so. I don't think I'd want clear lens on mine now. The ambers are real 'of an era" stuff. Nearly come under nostalgia rules now!

Having said thst I'm always itchy for cheap change especially if it's easliy reversible. Can you give more detail on the amber tinting? I haven't heard about this....

I actually agree that the ambers have been growing on me overtime. I used to love 996s, until the 997 came along and it was not until a couple of years ago that they caught my eye once again. Now I think they are starting to look classy and classic....probably a great car for the future to come

I would probably keep it original in your shoes

I hear what you are saying but I'm only talking about a bit of window tinting film or similar to make them less 'orange'. It could be removed at any time

NedHan79 said:
I hear what you are saying but I'm only talking about a bit of window tinting film or similar to make them less 'orange'. It could be removed at any time

I think you're onto something here Ned. Why not experiment with some different coloured films, see if any of them work for you. As you say, easliy reversible. Cheap mod, keep you out of the pubs etc!
I think I'll give this a go myself as well.
Just as soon as I sort out all my other teething troubles :roll:

Hi balcock. I think I might just order a few bits of tint on eBay and have a rattle at it. Maybe go to the pub first and then try it 😂I'm very unsure about graphics for the sides atm. I'm thinking silver gt3 decals from design 911 to match in with the wheels. Think I'm set on the gt3 look as I have an aero. Just need to sort suspension but all in good time. Ordered a rear wiper delete so the balls rolling. Just a few small changes can make a big difference

For me the side decals wouldn't work... they'd remind me of the scuby boys running around with their massive waste gates (and tiny bits :grin:)

I've had a bit of time to check out other forums and 996 tinting; one of the guys who tried it ended up with all sorts of cracks and crazing on his headlights when he took the tint off. The guess was it was to do with the heat gun that was needed to stretch and apply the tint.
That's s bit of a put off.

Meant to say, I think your 996 is a corker Ned, I'd not change a thing about it.
Funny enough, the mix of aero and orange indicators some how remind me of the early 993GT2's. Now that CANT be a bad thing.

Thanks ballcock.
I'm not mad keen on big decals either but I don't think the silver wheels work with the blue. The wheels have been freshly refurbished so they'll be staying silver. I'm only on for easily removed mods really.
Ive just did the headlights. They're not as new but up to a decent standard. The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure on the tinting. My rear 3 windows have a dark tint which I don't think works with the colour either but at a glance, it might be a window out job to remove it.

Ohh one more thing. I was a scooby boy. Sold my p1 to pay for the c2

Attachments

• 1699ba4c_b104_4fdd_84a0_b831ea694e36_113.png
    1699ba4c_b104_4fdd_84a0_b831ea694e36_113.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,260
:D

No side stickers on the scoob!

No crazy wastegate either I'm betting...

ballcock said:
:D

No side stickers on the scoob!

No crazy wastegate either I'm betting...

No stickers on the side :hand:
It looked standard except for the ride height and the big brakes. The c2's a lot more civilised but in terms of getting from a-b, the p1 was the king. Spent a fortune on it. Wasn't crazy hp but in the real world it was brutal. Not much would run without on a country rd.

I'm not mad set on decals if any sort but I find the c2 very bland. More to do with the colour than anything. Might just opt for small decals for the doors and see how it goes.

HSC911 said:
Scooby is stunning :worship:

8)

Thanks. It was a totally different animal. Had it for 3 years and it was a roller coaster of emotions. Blew it up, built a forged engine, and it goes on.
I have that picture framed in my garage. One of the very rare days it got wet.
That was the Colin McRae 10th anniversary. I loved it and the wife couldn't believe I was selling up but over that time I looked at a deal for a few 911's that never came to anything. So, when I sold it just to buy the 996 she thought it was ok. In those 3 years, she was in it once. I had a 968 before and she was never out in it. No interest. I look at the 996 and want to shed some weight and make a nice job of it but, my kids love it. The back seats will have to stay. At the end of the day, the more they like it, the more I can use it. Maybe slowly but at least it's out

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back