Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

Service oil + filters
Full detail external
Interior refurb of front seats
2x rear tyres - Continental
Track rod Ends
Front bump stops
New driver's door lock
New key head
Coolant sender
Coil pack inserts
Drop link set
Re-spray of bumper (next Monday)
Headlight treatment

:worship: :worship:

Hopefully ok for the next 12 months :D

What with moving house this year my cars been a bit neglected, I have been collecting a healthy stash of parts during this time though!

Mostly engine, exhaust and suspension parts, hoping to get them all fitted in time for the summer :thumb:

BHZ661 said:
New fuel rail
RSS engine mounts
Oil and filter

Those mounts are great. Big improvement over standard.
MC

a brand spanking new Bosch ABS sensor, 50£ from ebay. It solved my abs light coming on after a mile. Mind you it did take me an hour to get the old one out, using chisel, drill, screwdriver, pliers. Interesting before, the sensor measured ok in resistance, 1600 ohms like the other three and connectors etc free from corrosion and toothed wheel in good condition, so no idea why it threw up an error. Made my day.

Have treated the car to a service at the Porsche dealership in January. Found an OPC that will offer the classic service price - so only £310 and you get a courtesy car for the day.....was originally planning to service it myself, but decided it was worth keeping the FSH.

In preparation for the service have bought a Millers oil-analysis kit (so will get a sample before they change the oil). Have also bought a magnetic sump plug, which I will ask them to fit, when they change the oil....

What did you buy your 996 this week?

A new clutch, flywheel and an EPS positively lubricated IMS bearing and, hopefully some peace of mind! :sleepy:

Full set of winter wheels for the 996 part-fetcher.

d2295502967e607407ba5c2f1f36b1d9cc7dee1b.jpeg

Rear wiper delete plug in Dark Olive Metallic from Alloy & Carbon, new light switch (lost licence plate lights and cluster illumination, A5 fuse OK) and some lovely new matt black with gold crest wheel centres from Maxspeed. Just need some nice weather to fit 'em 8)

Biovox said:
Rear wiper delete plug in Dark Olive Metallic from Alloy & Carbon, new light switch (lost licence plate lights and cluster illumination, A5 fuse OK) and some lovely new matt black with gold crest wheel centres from Maxspeed. Just need some nice weather to fit 'em 8)

Is that all you have done in 13 years :dont know:

:grin:

No, but it's all I can afford this week after last month's treat :D

Attachments

• img_20181207_wa0000_410.jpg
    img_20181207_wa0000_410.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 3,791
Biovox said:

After seeing this, I bought myself a rear wiper delete. First step to loosing weight. Then it's the New Years resolution to loose a few lbs myself to make me the quickest about :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back