Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Trolley jack

911TEL said:
Thefinn said:
SGS engineering do some quality bits of kit, I have this one which is very well made.

www.sgs-engineering.com/garage-equipment/trolley-jacks/tj2-5lp-low-profile-garage-trolley-jack

My recommendation too, I have the aluminium race version , low access ....

and recommend "Jackpoint jackstands" too........

great bit of kit , no garage should be without one ...!

(just spent an hour looking through their website for toys I need / don't need but want !)

Just ordered this puppy from sgs arrives tomorrow, aluminium and rather fancy looking (but now wondering if at 90 mm it's too high) :frustrated: and the jackstands :thumbs:

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/tja...=sgs_en&refSrc=2539&nosto=nosto-page-product1

how to upload pictures to the internet

911TEL said:
Thefinn said:
SGS engineering do some quality bits of kit, I have this one which is very well made.

www.sgs-engineering.com/garage-equipment/trolley-jacks/tj2-5lp-low-profile-garage-trolley-jack

My recommendation too, I have the aluminium race version , low access ....

and recommend "Jackpoint jackstands" too........

great bit of kit , no garage should be without one ...!

(just spent an hour looking through their website for toys I need / don't need but want !)

SGS for me too, got one of their 2.5T racing low level, as my car is so low its the only thing I can get under it.

I went for the halfords low level one a few years back. They had a 50% off sales so the jack cost hardly anything. Used it quite a few times and had no issues with it.

I've got a cheapo 'rally jack' (low jack) from Biltema which weighs a ton, but it works with just a few pumps, and I don't need to faff with ramps and so on.

I should probably get a lighter (more portable) one, and I'm hoping to find a long arm job that I can use to raise the car up high (80-100cm), so I can get underneath it (on stands of course). Best of both worlds.

Maybe there'll be some new year dà­scounts?

I wanted a solid jack for use at home and finally settled on the Clarke CTJ2QLP from Machine Mart. Main reasons I went for it was the 2T rating, low profile and long reach plus it has the nylon wheels which tend to fair a little better than the metal or hard plastic wheels you get on most jacks.

They also do a few light weight aluminium jacks too - shout out to the Machine Mart in Worcester as they are very helpful guys and informed me that plenty of the Shelsley Walsh hill climb regulars use the Clarke jacks.

32332497425_53603a5a63_b.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga8Zid_aO4g

I'd read reviews on the machine mart ally race jacks - when I was looking a few years ago seals seemed to fail once out of warranty hence I went for the Arcan.

Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back