Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm woes, help!

Hooner

Hi chaps. My car is laying low in the garage for the winter and now the alarm keeps going off for no reason, i have checked the things mentioned in the hand book, now i have disconnected the battery to give us some peace! boy its loud. Any help as to what the problem may be will be much appreciated thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

I was messing about with mine in the garage and set the alarm off...nearly deafened me !

...if it's not on a trickle charger then battery might be running low and triggering it?

I leave mine on a CTEK...

Low battery usually triggers alarms.

I have ordered a smart trickle charger,so i'll try that, but it seems to beep twice now on locking where as before being layed up all was fine :?:

Check you have not left the centre armrest up, double beep is something left open

As above either an open compartment.. arm rest, glove box, frunk or battery low which sets off alarm. You will know if it is the battery as you won't be able to start the car. Had that problem recently.

Must be that time of year, my alarms started going off randomly atm. It started doing the double beep which would indicate something left open, so I opened/closed everything - doors, bonnet, boot, glove box & central arm rest cubby hole. I thought that had fixed it, as it stopped the double beep, but the alarm still keeps going off randomly. Usually at night though I have to say.

How ive fixed it atm is to press the lock button twice on the key fob, which apparently turns off the internal sensors - so motion, glove box & cubby hole. Fingers crossed its not gone off since, which would indicate some sort of fault with one of those 3 sensors.

Im not sure how I can narrow it down as there are no faults showing in the logs when I check with durametrics.

Fully charged the battery and have it on a smart charger now, alarm still goes off even when engine is running, i have now disconnected the siren! my ears have had enough :sad:

Ok .. the first thing to check is whats actually triggering the alarm ..

i would use a tester and look at alarm activations and events .. this will actually tell me what has been faulty when the car was locked and what actually triggered the alarm .

I can also see the positions of every item of the alarm system and see whats faulty .

Basically if you dont have a tester then i would guess at a half hour labour charge to you at an Indy .

This is obviously far cheaper than throwing bits at it in an attempt to fix the fault .

Strangely enough .. it may well be the siren thats causeing this !

Thanks guys for the replies, i shall look into getting it tested in the new year. :thumb:

asterix_the_gaul said:
Check you have not left the centre armrest up, double beep is something left open

What is single beep? Mine does this on locking and then at some random interval afterwards the alarm will go off. To stop this I lock then unlock the car, don't open a door and it locks itself after 60 secs and the alarm stays silent.

lofi said:
asterix_the_gaul said:

What is single beep? Mine does this on locking and then at some random interval afterwards the alarm will go off. To stop this I lock then unlock the car, don't open a door and it locks itself after 60 secs and the alarm stays silent.

I think a single beep is something left open (or a sensor thinks its open) and a double beep is a fault in the system?

Thanks Infra - I was confused by the information that a double beep was something left open. Single beep something left open (which of course it isn't so it is a faulty microswitch I expect).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back