Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 10 year service

nigel99

As per the title, I need to book my car in for 10 year service in the new year. Other than the major service, are there any additional service items to be expected?

I'm assuming new spark plugs are part of the major service. Other items that spring to my mind are:
* ignition coil packs may need replacing
* PDK fluids - the clutch fluid should be done at 6 years and the gearbox fluid at (I think) 12 years
* suspension parts might be worn, for example top mounts at the front
* engine mounts could be worn at this age
* the air/oil separator could have rusted and may new replacing

I suppose it depends on condition and mileage, but those are a few of the more common items, I'd have thought. DeMort is probably the expert on this one.

Nige, mate probably budget to replace the Tandem pump mate , mine was shot when Hartech looked and they have replaced it. and expect to find the joints on the coolant pipes starting to corrode :thumb:

10 year service should be a Minor as a major is every 4 years so not due till the car is 12 years old .

if you look in the service book it will list whats due at each service / milage .

Pdk fluid (clutch ) is every 6 years
Pdk fluid Gears is every 12 years
Airbag check is every 4 years
Brake fluid is every 2 years
Drive belt replacement is every 6 years .. make dam sure they check the tensioner properly on a gen 2 .. they seize and can cause damage.

Drive belt check every 2 years .. forget it , waiste of money .. just change at 6 years ... but to be fair if they actually do it properly (R&R drive belt ) then they are checking the tensioner .. did i mention they seize !!

Plugs are at 4 years .. Do NOT go beyond this .. they can be a bitch to get out at 4 years let alone 6 years that i have seen .. i couldnt get them out on one i did a while back at 6 years .. another story though .

Pdk fluids change at model year 14 i think and are now both at 12 years .

Air filter every 6 years .

i think thats all :?:

Mine is due next year so shall follow this post :eek:

It also very much depends on how 'accurate' the previous servicing has been. My car has only ever been serviced and sold Approved Pre-Owned by OPCs. I have every invoice from new, including 2 rounds of pre-Sales preparation, but even then, it transpired the first spark plug change was getting on for 6, rather than 4, years after first registration. Similarly, the first drive belt and air filter replacement was over 7, rather than 6, years. So the true service history is very much in the invoices rather than just 'stamps in the book'........

deMort said:
Plugs are at 4 years .. Do NOT go beyond this .. they can be a bitch to get out at 4 years let alone 6 years that i have seen .. i couldnt get them out on one i did a while back at 6 years .. another story though ./quote]

I couldn't stress this point highly enough. My car serviced as per schedule and OPC had all sorts of issues changing plugs out. They had the car a best part of the week to get them out. Should a plug snap in the head, the bill is horrendous. Engine out and strip down of the heads which is what I was advised of.
Service plugs on time!!!

I've done plugs late and there was no drama.

The 10 years service was a nothing notable, being a small one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back