Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear window heater connections

Mr Bacchus

Hi all,

Does anyone have any images of the connections to the rear window heating element and/or images of how the harness routes into the window seal please?

When my car was painted the harness was not installed when the glass went back in so I've decided now is the time to fix it.

I've struggled to find any images but want to be sure I know what I'm doing before I pop the glass out. I understand the wiring diagram but want to understand the real routing.

Thanks

Steve

Even the professionals struggle with this job. Its very difficult to get a smooth seal once the wires are installed. If they haven't been disturbed before take some pictures but make sure the window and wires are warm when working on them i.e a heater inside the car. It they are stiff you will struggle.

ras62 said:
Even the professionals struggle with this job. Its very difficult to get a smooth seal once the wires are installed.

This is probably why my harness is still lying on the parcel shelf instead of being fitted by the painter when the glass went back in :eek: and the reason I'm trying to suss out the job before I do it. I've never actually used the heater but the fact I can't bugs me.

Thanks for the advice. Don't suppose you have pictures?

Sorry I dont have any pictures. I would speak with a good local indy who could do the fitment or put you in touch with a glass man who has done it before. Got to be worth paying an hours labour I think.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back