Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4S

Iansta

Replaced my previous N rated continentals I fitted just over 2 years away with PS4S's after reading people's experiences. They had approximately 3mm worth of tread left but I wanted to replace due to the winter weather and lots of driving coming up over the next few months.
After a 250 mile trip at the weekend they are nicely worn in and I am super pleased with them. The ride is smoother at the same pressures and grip levels in the dry feels improved with sharper turn in. The steering feels cleaner in its response and the car tramlines less particularly on the inside lane of the motorway. It's not night and day different but incrementally better.
In some truly shocking conditions, heavy rain and standing water across a mixture of mixture of motorway and B roads the difference was much more dramatic even compared to what I remember when the continental's were new. All the things I felt in the dry were magnified significantly and even really deep standing water only produced small wheel tugging.
I would heartily recommend them if you if you aren't worried about N rating [/img]

:yeah:

How much did you pay? 19's?

You have to also remember that new rubber, (especially up front) always feels nice, but I wholeheartedly agree, especially in the wet compared to my previous Pzero's

Yes interested in pricing and also 295 or 305 rears?
Where did you find them?

I will be buying a set for when my winters come off.

I managed to get the fronts for £325 fitted and the rears which were 295/30 19s for £485 fitted through a local person whose main job fitting for race cars at the weekends.
He does F3 and slicks and track day tyres in the main but will do road cars. One thing he did point out is that the balancing on my continentals while not bad was not the best and was surprised I hadn't felt some vibrations at higher speeds on them.

160dmb said:
Yes interested in pricing and also 295 or 305 rears?
Where did you find them?

I will be buying a set for when my winters come off.

try Black circles the prices are just a little over Iansta's prices but if you buy 4 Michelin tyres you get £40 off bringing you just under and i think formula 1 auto center's might even be a little cheaper again if there is one near you

My other car is not running Michelin, first time in over 7 years I have not had PS3 or PSS on one of my cars. It's brown trousers in the wet, difference is night and day IMO.

Will be getting PS4 on the Cayman and family wagon.

try Ben Patey on Facebook as he has some great deals on Michelins and does the PS4S

Just bought 19" MPS4S 235 fronts and 295 rears for £704. On Camskill (£720 inc delivery)

I've got PS4 on the Golf now, difference is night and day. Had driver aids kicking in before on bends for no reason. Was very unnerving on the rubber the car care one.

So much better in the wet too! Car transformed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back