Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speaker upgrade

The male plug for the amp, that you would need if you wanted to make a short harness from the existing loom to the amp, is (I believe) this:
BMW part number 61 13 1 383 502, and it's £7.32.

And you'll need some pins - which I believe are these ones:

BMW part number 61 13 1 376 193, which are £1.10/pin

Pins for the other plug are 61 13 1 376 204 at £0.65/pin.

Are you working on fitting the amp this weekend? I'm really looking forward to seeing the results - you're putting an awesome amount of work into this!

I'll be making a start, but the metal plate didn't turn up so can't make the bracket, therefore I can't run the wires at their final length.

But I'd hope to be making musical noises by Sunday.

Just taken the Focal out of its box, it came with a wiring harness which is handy.

31385862147_d9c05e9597_b.jpg

I want to use the sub-output on the Becker, which is a line-level output.

The sub supports line-out, but wants both left and right channels - looks like it's expecting to take the lower frequencies from both and combine.

Can I just connect my sub-line-out to one of these, and it'll be fine?

Halcyon - what did you do?

As it wasn't tipping it down today I got a bit of work done.

The Focal will absolutely not fit under the seat, it's now in the rear passenger footwell, with a mat over the top of it. I'll have to see if my OCD can cope with that.

I got the rear speakers in, they have different mounts from the fronts as there is much less space to put speaker in.

45618527054_5ace040d43_b.jpg

45618528084_aef92f9da3_b.jpg

I labelled up everything behind the dash before taking it apart - a lack of courage maybe, but I'm now confident that I won't lock all the doors when intending on turning the traction control off.

45618526254_bf31dafdbe_b.jpg

The handbrake/gear-lever unit needs to come out tomorrow, then I can put in my newly slimmed down harness. From this:

31385862147_d9c05e9597_b.jpg

To this (changed to line-out rather than speaker-out):

45618525054_f5a4d3c8f1_b.jpg

I'm also putting a bluetooth receiver in the sub-elbow storage bin that my phone can connect to. The bluetooth receiver connects to the radio and presents as "AUX", this way I don't have to have a cable visible anywhere.

45618527634_434c5216f9_b.jpg

Tomorrow I need to get the door cards off to install the woofers, finish the cabling in the cabin, then it's onto mounting the amp and plugging everything into it.

I love all this stuff!! But I bet there are a lot of people have kittens just looking at what you've done! :D :worship:

I did say that the focal wouldn't fit under the seat....

This is not a thread i have followed or indeed read all the posts but as i understand it you have the amp on your back seat ??

Ok a slightly better place but the wiring will need to be extended ..

Cab roof in service position .. remove the carpet there and fit it by the dme or in that area .. remove a rear quarter panel trim and run the wiring behind it .

I would have thought an amp would fit under the passenger seat with it in the raised position but if not i dont see many options .

Behind the rear seat .. hmm .. your not going to like that long term i feel .. it feels wrong to me anyways :) .

Rear cubby hole .. ie the storgage over the rear seats you have mentioned and that would work fine .

I can't pretend that I'm happy about the Focal situation, however - to even get it under the seat I'd need to move the DME, and that's something I don't want to do.

Putting it behind the rear seats, on the shelf that the roof stows into would require the amp bolting down - its heavy, with sharp edges.

It's a shame that the Porsche Bose sub didn't seem to want to fit, as (location-wise) that's a good call.

Under the passenger seat on your car is the alarm Control unit .. not really possible to move with out an awfull lot of work ..

The only option i can think of is behind the roll bars .. so you need to remove the rear carpet under the hood .. there is space but its not huge .. i dont know how big this focal is but its all i can think of ..

For sound though its in the right place .

Carpet out and you can see the " hole " im thinking of .

You may be able to bolt it to the floor in that place but it would be a case of slowly lowering the roof to see if it would fit under the roof when opening it ... im not sure there with out looking but i dont think so .. roof would squash it .

Other than that its behind one of the seats .. there simply is no room anywhere else .

Interesting - didn't know there was an area under the carpet.

Focal dimensions:
Height: 71.5mm (2.8")
Length: 344mm (13.5")
Width: 250mm (9,8")

Problem is I have a glass rear window, and I don't want to risk breaking that.

Do the roll hoops and their attendant mechanisms totally fill the area just behind the seats?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back