Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Misfire - Again!

Chigster

Monza
Hey folks - it's me again.

I've had a misfire issue before and had changed coil packs over the summer and then the solenoids less than 2 months back. Car has been running like a dream - smooth and crisp.

Then yesterday as I was leaving a froend's place got a really strong misfire and vibration followed promptly by the check engine light. 😞. Nursed it home but definitely didn't feel right although the vibration stopped once it had warmed up.

Car's been parked up outside and hasn't been properly driven for a while and it was cold and very wet yesterday but that shouldn't be a contributing factor should it? Don't have a fault reader but trying to work out what it could be as feel I'm running out of options.

Many thanks !

There's a bunch of stuff it could be, wiring loom fault, intermittent crankshaft position sensor fault, coil pack/plug fault, injector fault.

Invest in a decent fault code reader and you'll save yourself a huge amount of guesswork. Where are you? If you're nearby to me then I'll pop over and plug in mine if you like.

Bit far I'm afraid, I'm in Fleet, Hampshire. I'm sure there are other forum member closer to you who could help you out though.

Chigster said:
Hey folks - it's me again.

I've had a misfire issue before and had changed coil packs over the summer and then the solenoids less than 2 months back. Car has been running like a dream - smooth and crisp.

Then yesterday as I was leaving a froend's place got a really strong misfire and vibration followed promptly by the check engine light. 😞. Nursed it home but definitely didn't feel right although the vibration stopped once it had warmed up.

Car's been parked up outside and hasn't been properly driven for a while and it was cold and very wet yesterday but that shouldn't be a contributing factor should it? Don't have a fault reader but trying to work out what it could be as feel I'm running out of options.

Many thanks !

Update: got Error Codes read and it was a misfire on cylinder 5. Mech suspects a sticking tappett. Cleared it and hasn't come back but will drive it over the next few days and see if it reappears.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back