Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

nickjonesn4 said:
Very nice indeed

Thank you (although I can take virtually no credit for any of it!)

gunner said:
Still not 100% sure on CF in a 993, but the leather (and alloy) looks lovely.

Mucho dinero?

Yes, I think CF is a bit Marmite. Either love it or hate it. I wasn't massively keen when it was in amongst all the shiny old blue vinyl but I really like it against the black leather. The black tones it down a lot, although it looks quite noticeable in that picture it's more subtle to the naked eye.

The cost wasn't as much as I feared it might be in the end. It's still probably the most money I've spent that has just 'gone' mind you. It'll pay me back in enjoyment though. :D

madge said:
A new interior.

Re-trimmed in black to turbo spec' (full leather) by Southbound. Can't recommend them highly enough. The quality is outstanding and they really go above and beyond to get it right.

Looks fantastic. No way I could tell its not OEM.

madge said:
A new interior.

Re-trimmed in black to turbo spec' (full leather) by Southbound. Can't recommend them highly enough. The quality is outstanding and they really go above and beyond to get it right.

Looks awesome. Love to see some more pics. :thumb:

Dream911 said:

Thanks. I haven't been able to get any decent pics yet but hopefully these will give you a flavour.

Attachments

• new_seats_402.jpg
    new_seats_402.jpg
    939.5 KB · Views: 3,209
  • after_682.jpg
    after_682.jpg
    967.6 KB · Views: 3,209
  • before_767.jpg
    before_767.jpg
    957.2 KB · Views: 3,209
Wow, what a transformation. So much better.

Liking the finishing touches with the belts, handbrake and gear lever.

:thumb:

Simply stunning! :thumb:

madge said:
Dream911 said:

Thanks. I haven't been able to get any decent pics yet but hopefully these will give you a flavour.

after_682.jpg
So impressive! :worship: Looks like it just rolled out of the factory - enjoy!

New tool cabinet for the garage and all my car bits and bobs.

Attachments

• 20181219_164326_314.jpg
    20181219_164326_314.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 5,383
A basket of bits for the Vram conversion:-
'96 ecu and airfilter box, an assortment of vac connectors and tubing, 2 correctly coloured lenghts of cable and 2 BMW! electrical connectors.
A vac line tester and another ream of printer paper.
All from my computer stool.
When I was working on my MGs it was phone, post and Shank's poney to those little spares places that no longer exist.
It was more exciting and you got to speak to people face to face or on the phone rather than a machine that wants your part no and Vin no (which is of no help).
£250 for an exchange gearbox was a fortune then.

Endoman said:
All from my computer stool.
When I was working on my MGs it was phone, post and Shank's poney to those little spares places that no longer exist.
It was more exciting and you got to speak to people face to face or on the phone rather than a machine that wants your part no and Vin no (which is of no help).
£250 for an exchange gearbox was a fortune then.

When I was working on my MG's it was a copy of Exchange & Mart or Safety Fast Magazine and hope you got there first.

Removed fan housing to clean and polish centre fan blocks
Cleaned and painted fan
New centre hub wheels and nuts

8)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_afa6_562.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_afa6_562.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 5,214
Driver side insulation floor. OEM

Just pulled the trigger on a replacement driver side insulation. It's £120 direct from porsche which is frankly ridiculous but needs must. I want it to fit perfectly and the old one was in bits. Appreciate I could have used dynomat or something similar but I would have always regretted it.

A new radio - Christmas present from her indoors

Attachments

• file_3_small_147.jpg
    file_3_small_147.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 4,464

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back