Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 Exhaust

Steve_W

There seems to be some concerns regarding the new 992 Exhaust system that the Tailpipes are false,surely PORSCHE wouldn't put false Tailpipes on the new 992 , if true for the extra £1800 sports Exhaust would I just get a single false Exhaust Tailpipe over the twin false tailpipe of the Standard Exhaust,
SteveW

Not aware of any concerns ?

Sports Exhaust Change

The large bore twin tail is the Sports Exhaust taking the style from the 991 GT2RS, which is important as then the standard exhaust is a 4 pipe affair.

Not to nick pick but that reverses the quantum universe of exhausts, where more pipes are better.

Attachments

• 15363a1f_2f48_490c_8d1d_ff99ca5b8fe7_196.jpeg
    15363a1f_2f48_490c_8d1d_ff99ca5b8fe7_196.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 7,052
Just had a good snoop round the 992 C4 S at OPC Wilmslow. Nice, technician came and moved it, but oh no the sound!!! Very much reminded me of the 718 :oops: :? :nooo: No no no..

Brightened the carcpark up anyway...

With turbo's, Hybrids and electric cars becoming more numerous.....the wonderful sound of a NA 997.1 with sports exhaust is becoming a rare and very valuable thing......and mine's stuck in the "on" position ..... :

Steve_W said:
There seems to be some concerns regarding the new 992 Exhaust system that the Tailpipes are false,surely PORSCHE wouldn't put false Tailpipes on the new 992 , if true for the extra £1800 sports Exhaust would I just get a single false Exhaust Tailpipe over the twin false tailpipe of the Standard Exhaust,
SteveW

c9cb93b5_069d_4476_93a2_9995aca1a385_124.jpeg

:what:

I think the non-sports exhaust looks a lot better and did wonder how hard it would be to just swap the tips. However, it does look like you might need to replace the lower rear of the car too?

That said, has anyone compared the sound?

Porschekit said:
With turbo's, Hybrids and electric cars becoming more numerous.....the wonderful sound of a NA 997.1 with sports exhaust is becoming a rare and very valuable thing......and mine's stuck in the "on" position ..... :

What he said! :worship:

Sounded good on track on Friday at Silverstone... it's not a false set of tips, it's a plenum where they manage the sound tone, similar to what my RS6 Cosworth V8 warble on the C5 in 2004... but a flat 6 style.

Started to get the snap, crackle and pops now at 1,000 miles and higher revs lift off overrun.

Porschekit said:

There is something about the M97 howl with PSE on approaching the redline :D

Roof down in a tunnel is the best way to appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back