Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GTS

Bund said:
alex yates said:
ragpicker said:
Personally if spending £40k+ on a Porsche I'd be looking at other, straight cars within the marque and avoiding obvious minefields.

Like this:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-11-PORSCHE-911-3-8-CARRERA-GTS-PDK-2DR-SEMI-AUTOMATIC/273342957998

Being another cat d 😂😂😂

:pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc:

Never spotted that........I'll put that down to currently being on my deathbed with manflu.

alex yates said:
Bund said:
alex yates said:
ragpicker said:
Personally if spending £40k+ on a Porsche I'd be looking at other, straight cars within the marque and avoiding obvious minefields.

Like this:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-11-PORSCHE-911-3-8-CARRERA-GTS-PDK-2DR-SEMI-AUTOMATIC/273342957998

Being another cat d 😂😂😂

Never spotted that........I'll put that down to currently being on my deathbed with manflu.

I was reading the spec thinking this has to be cat d too 😂

Bund said:
alex yates said:
Bund said:
alex yates said:
ragpicker said:

Like this:

Being another cat d 😂😂😂

I was reading the spec thinking this has to be cat d too 😂

Kind of the point of the thread, only other cat GTS ( Sheffield car) is 7-10 k more 😂 nice mileage though :grin:

Much nicer car too.

Bund said:
😂 actually been here since my 993 days, I commented on your post some time ago when you were looking for a 4s as I'd like one too, the list of the cars we've owned is uncanny!! I've got someone very interested in the rs but I need my truck back before letting it go and not sure I want to now. Did you keep yours?

Did you get a manual or pdk car??
Bought a PDK. Much as I like a manual, automated versions from that era Porsche are decent (but really needs to be an S with Chrono+ IMO). tbh I don't see myself getting a manual of anything newer these days :)

Still got the RS4. Still toy with the idea of getting a B8 version, but the B7 is so good I'm not sure it's worth the cost to change (though that's getting cheaper each year...and mine is likely to need a DRC damper replaced judging by the noises I'm currently getting :)).

murph7355 said:
Bund said:
😂 actually been here since my 993 days, I commented on your post some time ago when you were looking for a 4s as I'd like one too, the list of the cars we've owned is uncanny!! I've got someone very interested in the rs but I need my truck back before letting it go and not sure I want to now. Did you keep yours?

Did you get a manual or pdk car??
Bought a PDK. Much as I like a manual, automated versions from that era Porsche are decent (but really needs to be an S with Chrono+ IMO). tbh I don't see myself getting a manual of anything newer these days :)

Still got the RS4. Still toy with the idea of getting a B8 version, but the B7 is so good I'm not sure it's worth the cost to change (though that's getting cheaper each year...and mine is likely to need a DRC damper replaced judging by the noises I'm currently getting :)).

The RS4 gearbox is nicer to use than the 996 Turbo I had previously but I am completely over the want of a manual box, i could get more than enough interaction with a manual box over a race weekend and i'd still rather have a sequential box.

I like the B8 and if the right one came up I could be tempted but I think i'd rather go back to porsche and try the 997.2 4s or perhaps the 991.1 4s but id have to wait longer into next year.

If it's Cat D, which I suspect it is, the fact the guy hasn't mentioned it would put me off. Should be the same rules for private sellers as dealers. That PU/bonnet gap does look a bit dodgy, lower resolution pic than the side view, hmm! :?:

DucatiRob said:
If it's Cat D, which I suspect it is, the fact the guy hasn't mentioned it would put me off. Should be the same rules for private sellers as dealers. That PU/bonnet gap does look a bit dodgy, lower resolution pic than the side view, hmm! :?:

:hand: He's been very honest and the car is now 'Condition Inspected" :thumb: yes he's not said it was a cat C (which it most likely was with the damage listed) but with the above report doesn't really matter?

Edit - oops yes that bonnets not right :nooo:

Bund said:
I like the B8 and if the right one came up I could be tempted but I think i'd rather go back to porsche and try the 997.2 4s or perhaps the 991.1 4s but id have to wait longer into next year.
997's lovely. If you don't need the space of the RS4 then it's a no brainer on all but noise really (mine has a PSE so isn't too bad...but a V8 takes some beating).

Not sure about the 991. Looks to be going more GT to me...

murph7355 said:
Bund said:
997's lovely. If you don't need the space of the RS4 then it's a no brainer on all but noise really (mine has a PSE so isn't too bad...but a V8 takes some beating).

Not sure about the 991. Looks to be going more GT to me...

991 better all round and the noise is Enterprise v shuttle :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: 991 YKIMS....... more and more 997 owners are gradually coming round :grin: :bandit:

spongebob squarepants said:
DucatiRob said:

:hand: He's been very honest and the car is now 'Condition Inspected" :thumb: yes he's not said it was a cat C (which it most likely was with the damage listed) but with the above report doesn't really matter?

Edit - oops yes that bonnets not right :nooo:

Agreed with the above regarding the panel gaps, but on the other hand I've noticed this with a few pics of 996 & 997's. They may be obviously straight to look at in the metal, but need a double take in pictures depending on the angle. The passenger side wing to door looks fine on this one, but the drivers looks like it opens up at the top, but again, that could be the angle its taken from...

It's true regarding panel gaps. I went to look st a car that looked straight in photos (was cat-d) but when I got there even at 30 meters as I drove up the driv I could see there were issues.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back