Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE "auto shut off" disable

beejay993

Guys, I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction for some technical advise on disabling the auto cut off on the PSE system between 30-45ish mph. I seem to recall I have to pull a relay or cut some cables ? I'm hoping there is a solution that allows the PSE valves to stay open through the full rev range and then switch off fully when required from the switch on the dash. Thanks in advance

You need to disconnect the wire which goes to the speedo signal.
Grey wire with pink tracer.

MC

There are 3 ways of doing this, all essentially doing the same thing, removing the speed signal, there's the wire cut as MC detailed, the diode cut which is well covered with pictures On this and other forums and the ultimate 2 second job, the terminal bend.
I had only ever heard of the diode cut before..

"Factory instructions and factory fit exhausts included a speed dependent cut out. The relay for the PSE has a terminal fed with the speed signal (Terminal A), remove the relay and carefully bend the terminal 90 degrees so it wont plug into the board and refit the relay. No more speed dependent cut out......

Alternatively, remove the relay board and take out the speed signal wire (the pink one) from the relay plug - takes longer though."

I thought it's revs that trigger the valve opening not speed ? Might have to check that at some length in some tunnels

996 PSE is speed dependent. I think it shuts off between 30 and around 50mph.

Auto shut off easily disabled with the 'diode snip'. Have a search for a thread by user GT4 if memory serves.

When I did it I snipped one leg of the diode, just in case it ever needed to be reversed.

Also remember to operate the switch a few times each journey or the valves may seize.

Thanks guys, I've carried out a search but I cannot find any type of idiots guide (which I would need 🤣) to pull the relay etc. Does anyone have a link to the best source for this mod ? Thanks in advance

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back