Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 21
997 : 2004- 69
996 : 1997-2005 34
993 : 1993-1998 3
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 24
Cayman : 2005- 14
Cayenne : 2003- 2
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 2
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

GMG
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...this thread is interesting; 6 pages devoted to an OP wearing twisted knickers because half his car was washed or whatever ....

And yet I when I dare suggest that the M96 engine has a few foibles the glitterati yell at me to get a grip and move on...

Could reasonably lead someone to conclude that this forum is a virtual representation of Lord of the flies at times...

Get a grip man (seriously) and move on...they half washed your car ...

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMG wrote:
...this thread is interesting; 6 pages devoted to an OP wearing twisted knickers because half his car was washed or whatever ....

And yet I when I dare suggest that the M96 engine has a few foibles the glitterati yell at me to get a grip and move on...

Could reasonably lead someone to conclude that this forum is a virtual representation of Lord of the flies at times...

Get a grip man (seriously) and move on...they half washed your car ...

OMG 😂😂😂 😭- that’s brilliant. The irony of your night time ranting is the stuff of legends.
You complain this thread is 6 pages when you keep posting thereby helping to elongate it - keep going by the way - I think at 10 pages I get knighted.
You tell me to ‘get a grip and move on etc’ but mention how your opinion in some previous thread was ignored which is clearly not still affecting you (yeah right)
Well I guess every village / forum needs one......🤣

GMG
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...indeed and it's rare to find someone quite so open about their communal status so I applaud your honesty and self deprecation...don't be too hard on yourself though...

patpending
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP has still not answered my question(s)

1 - why did you not see or report the “damage” at collection time?
2- why did you edit your 1st post much later in the thread to now include “damage”
3- why did you take the car off-prem then moan about it?

The fishy smell from the trawler is increasing with every page.

Counter Of Beans
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks, please let's not let this site get like Pistonheads or something. Suggesting people aren't being truthful, calling each other idiots and so on is standard PH stuff. I've always found this forum is better than that. Standards, chaps, standards!

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counter Of Beans wrote:
Hey folks, please let's not let this site get like Pistonheads or something. Suggesting people aren't being truthful, calling each other idiots and so on is standard PH stuff. I've always found this forum is better than that. Standards, chaps, standards!

Fair point. Generally everyone seems fairly moderate in their opinions and helpful. Couple of people seem to have taken intense dislike to my thread for whatever reason. Let’s agree to disagree, life is too short.

jpsh120
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP - glad to see that the dealer is leaning forward to help you. Mistakes can be made, it's all about what happens next.

Not sure why there was such exception taken to this post, it's all about expected levels of service and care taken at the end of the day, regardless what the underlying issue may be.

Western power came to replace the main power cables into my house a little while ago. It took me over half an hour to clear the rubbish from my garden that had been dropped. Might seem like a trivial concern to some, but that's not really the point, is it?!

It's sad to see more of the "care less" attitude coming into daily life more and more, and being accepted and almost expected. Doesn't bode well for the future nooo

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpsh120 wrote:
OP - glad to see that the dealer is leaning forward to help you. Mistakes can be made, it's all about what happens next.

Not sure why there was such exception taken to this post, it's all about expected levels of service and care taken at the end of the day, regardless what the underlying issue may be.

Western power came to replace the main power cables into my house a little while ago. It took me over half an hour to clear the rubbish from my garden that had been dropped. Might seem like a trivial concern to some, but that's not really the point, is it?!

It's sad to see more of the "care less" attitude coming into daily life more and more, and being accepted and almost expected. Doesn't bode well for the future nooo

Thank you, yes exactly what you said - it’s about what happened and what’s important to you.

MaxA
Albert Park

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't want to wade into what is obviously 'contentious-thread-of-the week' for some reason, but to answer the original question, in my experience (mostly limited to Finland, where I live), the last thing a dealer does is wash your car, or arrange for it to be washed.

It has happened twice however, both times in the winter. Once my Porsche indy washed the car with a jet wash to remove 200km of fresh winter motorway grime (it was pretty rough out there), and once an independent washed my other car for the same reason. Neither were dried or scrubbed with last years' underpants. Just jet washed by the technician to remove snow and ice and salt. With my permission. And while I watched. And then they did the work on a dripping wet car...

It's a different set up over here, with different business models. No one would pay for it. They don't lend you complimentary cars either (instead there's a rental desk for a Nissan BongO at 89e/day or some *****).

jazzy2000
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not get them to pay for it to be professionally detailed again?

Had problem previously where they use alloy wheel cleaner (must have) on mine and caused it to premature corrode. Went back to complain as it is still under warranty but they said that someone used alloy wheel cleaner on it and not covered under warranty. Mad I never use any such stuff myself and no one else washes the car.

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzy2000 wrote:
Why not get them to pay for it to be professionally detailed again?

Had problem previously where they use alloy wheel cleaner (must have) on mine and caused it to premature corrode. Went back to complain as it is still under warranty but they said that someone used alloy wheel cleaner on it and not covered under warranty. Mad I never use any such stuff myself and no one else washes the car.

Yes that’s what I am going for, getting a report from my detailer compiled who
saw it yesterday and took pics etc. All about negotiation, they have been ok so far but that doesn’t mean they will agree to full cost so be good to meet DP face to face and chat about it but still expect them to push back on it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: