Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC washed it when told not to - common experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
isysman said:
For the record after having the paint work done in my car, even though Road & Race did a great job on the paintwork, I had some areas of the car that had swirl makes (areas not painted by R&R. To get rid of the swirl marks by doing paint correction, costs over £1,000 depending on who you use. Even if it cost half of that it's still a very real amount of money to shell out if someone messes us up the paint when you've specifically asked them to not touch it as well.

People making light of it clearly don't have the same standards which is fine but at least know the facts before making little of it. I've had terrible scratches put into a car in the past just by someone washing it. I'll dig out the photos if I still have them.

I agree -- it is not cheap to have paint ocrrection done, but my god it is so worth it when it ends up looking like glass :thumbs:

isysman said:
For the record after having the paint work done in my car, even though Road & Race did a great job on the paintwork, I had some areas of the car that had swirl makes (areas not painted by R&R. To get rid of the swirl marks by doing paint correction, costs over £1,000 depending on who you use. Even if it cost half of that it's still a very real amount of money to shell out if someone messes us up the paint when you've specifically asked them to not touch it as well.

People making light of it clearly don't have the same standards which is fine but at least know the facts before making little of it. I've had terrible scratches put into a car in the past just by someone washing it. I'll dig out the photos if I still have them.

+1. Even more so if you DIY it. 3 days of hard work can quickly go down the pan when a 'professional" valeter gets near it. I'm astounded at the lack of knowledge on detailing at your average OPC. It's really not rocket science.

...with matters of this magnitude I find the time to contribute...

A friend picked up his brand new car yesterday and had previously provided written instructions to the dealer to say "don't remove any protective covers/clean the car in any way before collection as it's going straight to have a new car detail carried out"....24 hrs before collection he has a call from the salesman who rather sheepishly says "I'm sorry, they've inadvertently cleaned your new car even though I told them not to". My friend understandably explained how disappointed he was and the guy did apologise again and ultimately offered him various freebies in lieu. I think some car dealers have to start listening to their customers a little more & managing their staff better as it wasted both time/money for them with what happened & partly ruined the experience my friend had of collecting the car.

OP, I feel your pain & I'm glad the dealer has now started to understand you weren't being unreasonable to ask them not to clean your car.

MrC986 said:
A friend picked up his brand new car yesterday and had previously provided written instructions to the dealer to say "don't remove any protective covers/clean the car in any way before collection as it's going straight to have a new car detail carried out"....24 hrs before collection he has a call from the salesman who rather sheepishly says "I'm sorry, they've inadvertently cleaned your new car even though I told them not to". My friend understandably explained how disappointed he was and the guy did apologise again and ultimately offered him various freebies in lieu. I think some car dealers have to start listening to their customers a little more & managing their staff better as it wasted both time/money for them with what happened & partly ruined the experience my friend had of collecting the car.

OP, I feel your pain & I'm glad the dealer has now started to understand you weren't being unreasonable to ask them not to clean your car.

Thank you. I hope your friend gets his car sorted too. I took the car to my detailer today and the damage in terms of swirls etc is extensive when examined in his workshop. I'll see what the OPC say, meeting DP next week.

Yeah they are going to cough-up after the car is off prem(not)

Clearly you never reported any damage when you collected it(why not?) then edited your thread and we are now into 5 pages about hosing 1/2 a car down with water.

There is more fishey smell in this thread that a trawler catch. :nooo:

...did they wash it? Did they half wash it ? Was a hose used? Did they damage it? Did he damage it ? Why was the note in the window ignored?

Remainder of post deleted by 911uk site moderator as it contravened site code of conduct.

RB, before you sit down with the DP you should have an idea what you consider to be a satisfactory resolution. Do let us know how it goes..

Gottans said:
RB, before you sit down with the DP you should have an idea what you consider to be a satisfactory resolution. Do let us know how it goes..

Yes thanks, will do. My detailer took some pics today and is going to email me the reasonable cost to rectify the areas he identified today. Going to chat to DP and see what he says, I'd like to think they would agree to it all but I know that's unrealistic 😀

Whilst I get the "life's too short" type comments on here, I very much dislike the disregard for personal property that seems to be the standard in modern society.

You're the customer, it's your car, you've taken the time to request something quite reasonable, they should have honoured it - pretty simple stuff.

The attitude in particular would make me question the attention to detail of said OPC, and I too would just take the car elsewhere next time.

...this thread is interesting; 6 pages devoted to an OP wearing twisted knickers because half his car was washed or whatever ....

And yet I when I dare suggest that the M96 engine has a few foibles the glitterati yell at me to get a grip and move on...

Could reasonably lead someone to conclude that this forum is a virtual representation of Lord of the flies at times...

Get a grip man (seriously) and move on...they half washed your car ...

GMG said:
...this thread is interesting; 6 pages devoted to an OP wearing twisted knickers because half his car was washed or whatever ....

And yet I when I dare suggest that the M96 engine has a few foibles the glitterati yell at me to get a grip and move on...

Could reasonably lead someone to conclude that this forum is a virtual representation of Lord of the flies at times...

Get a grip man (seriously) and move on...they half washed your car ...

OMG 😂😂😂 😭- that's brilliant. The irony of your night time ranting is the stuff of legends.
You complain this thread is 6 pages when you keep posting thereby helping to elongate it - keep going by the way - I think at 10 pages I get knighted.
You tell me to 'get a grip and move on etc' but mention how your opinion in some previous thread was ignored which is clearly not still affecting you (yeah right)
Well I guess every village / forum needs one......🤣

...indeed and it's rare to find someone quite so open about their communal status so I applaud your honesty and self deprecation...don't be too hard on yourself though...

The OP has still not answered my question(s)

1 - why did you not see or report the 'damage" at collection time?
2- why did you edit your 1st post much later in the thread to now include 'damage"
3- why did you take the car off-prem then moan about it?

The fishy smell from the trawler is increasing with every page.

Hey folks, please let's not let this site get like Pistonheads or something. Suggesting people aren't being truthful, calling each other idiots and so on is standard PH stuff. I've always found this forum is better than that. Standards, chaps, standards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back