Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Good value?

Go on Autotrader and the cheapest pdk gen 2 start at £33k and they all have nigh on 90k on the clock.

benbuhagiar said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Impossible to selll on. High twenties a more realistic price :thumb:

Sorry Spongebob but that is nonsense. I am guessing you made the comment based on the mileage? It will still be very sellable but will clearly have an impact on the price.

Not really there was a car on here recently with a much higher spec ad lower miles advertised for 30 and he wasn't selling. He would/did accept high 20's. A few more miles the trade won't want it, very limited market among enthusiasts too, at 33k that's an expensive car.

benbuhagiar said:

Sorry Spongebob but that is nonsense. I am guessing you made the comment based on the mileage? It will still be very sellable but will clearly have an impact on the price.

Not really there was a car on here recently with a much higher spec ad lower miles advertised for 30 and he wasn't selling. He would/did accept high 20's. A few more miles the trade won't want it, very limited market among enthusiasts too, at 33k that's an expensive car.

You are referring to Les' car, which sold for circa £28.5k or thereabouts. Les wanted his car sold quickly so he could move into his Aston. If he had waited a little longer, he could have got £30k+.

There are plenty of 997 gen 1s and 996s with over 100k miles and they all sell. Gen2 cars are only 10 years old now, so not many at those miles yet.

Of course there is a smaller market for high mileages cars but to say they are unsellable, is still nonsense.

S models, especially the 4S do price a lot higher than the non-S varieties.

benbuhagiar said:
benbuhagiar said:

You are referring to Les' car, which sold for circa £28.5k or thereabouts. Les wanted his car sold quickly so he could move into his Aston. If he had waited a little longer, he could have got £30k+.

There are plenty of 997 gen 1s and 996s with over 100k miles and they all sell. Gen2 cars are only 10 years old now, so not many at those miles yet.

Of course there is a smaller market for high mileages cars but to say they are unsellable, is still nonsense.

:hand: no not Less's car, was a high spec manual 997.2, carbons, short shift etc, so that's 2 that we're very difficult ( yes your right not unsellable) to sell on. It's a high twenty's car not a 33k car, I dread to think of the trade in price to dove house, 24/25 I suspect.

That's manual not PDK.

benbuhagiar said:
benbuhagiar said:

:hand: no not Less's car, was a high spec manual 997.2, carbons, short shift etc, so that's 2 that we're very difficult ( yes your right not unsellable) to sell on. It's a high twenty's car not a 33k car, I dread to think of the trade in price to dove house, 24/25 I suspect.

benbuhagiar said:
benbuhagiar said:

Hi 20s iv been looking at cars for the last year and if you think you can get a 4s pdk for under 32k you been smoking to much. there is not one in the country

Like the OP I've considered this car but as others have said the miles vs cost are putting me off, high 20's and yes I'd be interested but if they wont shift id rather spend more. There is one I like with an unusual colour combo but its been sitting around ages at early 40's, turbo wheels though i'd rather have another style and without paddles, I'd rather find one with but the colour combo attracts me.

Sold now :) Not to me, but shows higher mileage cars are selling this time of year I guess...

a1butch said:
Sold now :) Not to me, but shows higher mileage cars are selling this time of year I guess...

This one is a bit more expensive but newer and less miles.

My old car that I've traded in at an OPC and got close to that asking price. :thumb:

Have more info if you are interested.

Rhodris-dad said:
a1butch said:

This one is a bit more expensive but newer and less miles.

My old car that I've traded in at an OPC and got close to that asking price. :thumb:

Have more info if you are interested.

Which car did you trade in?

Sounds a bit fishy that the 85k mile car has been for sale for a decent amount of time, reports of it not running well on this thread and NOW it's sold!!! :)

Bund said:
Sounds a bit fishy that the 85k mile car has been for sale for a decent amount of time, reports of it not running well on this thread and NOW it's sold!!! :)

Usually the trader joins up and at least has a rant first :grin:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
Bund said:

Usually the trader joins up and at least has a rant first :grin:

:thumb:

Possibly cynical but traded on might be a good guess?

Coming to a BCA near you SOOOOOOOON!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back