Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 3.6 - options

Windy101

What options would you consider must have on a 3.6 manual car.

I am looking at a car with the following

Extended navigation module
Telephone module
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Universal audio interface

Porsche Vehicle Tracking System
19-inch Carrera Sport wheels
Cruise control

Is there anything important missing?

PSE :thumb:

spongebob squarepants said:
PSE :thumb:

Definitely would be nice but not a deal breaker for me. Just want to make sure I am not missing anything obvious.

I'm a big fan of heated seats, but they can be retrofitted.

Do all 997.2 non S's have Litronic/HID lights?

If not, you'll be wanting them.

I think the spec of that 3.6 is reasonable as many dont have chrono. sports seats are nice but again like PSE shouldn't be a deal breaker . PASM is over rated and the set up on non PASM cars is quite nice . :thumb: :thumb:

For once Phil .. im going to disagree ( ill make sure it doesnt happen again :D ) ... i cant say specifically for the 997 gen 2 but as a rule of thumb then for me at least i prefer Pasm .

:oops:

Sorry .

No PASM and 19s is something you'd want to try first. Some find it a bit firm.

deMort said:
For once Phil .. im going to disagree ( ill make sure it doesnt happen again :D ) ... i cant say specifically for the 997 gen 2 but as a rule of thumb then for me at least i prefer Pasm .

:oops:

Sorry .

:floor: :floor: I can only assume Iain you have no piles or fillings :grin: :grin: mmmm mind you, you do live in Sussex where all the money is, so maybe thats where all the road repair budget has been spent :grin: :grin: :grin: have to say the DSC module has totally changed my PASM and its now quite comfortable in Sport and less wallowy in std. :thumb: :thumb:

DSC module seem to be highly rated here .. ive not come across one im afraid and you know full well what im like with mods to cars .. not a clue :floor:

You guys are the drivers .. im a low speed old guy .. but i like soft suspension when needed :D

I bought one, I would have liked sports seats (with the little wings at the shoulders).

Mine has no PASM & 19's so has quite a high stance (noticeable when next to other 911's). Ride is fine though.

My preference is no rear wiper/ no sunroof.

PSE would have been nice to have, but have gone for H&S + gundo

If you're near South Derby you're welcome to come out in mine.

My humble opinion on Gen 2 options:
- PASM, don't rate it - you're better off with revised suspension (caveat: I haven't experienced that DSC mod)
- sports seats - nice to have but the standard seats are fine
- larger 19" wheels - yes probably a must have but they do give a firmer ride than 18" of course
- sun roof - I hate them with a passion!
- Bose - not worth the money, simply because you'll want to hear the engine/exhaust
- Sports Design wheel - yes a must have for me, you really don't need multifunction controls
- universal interface thingy - dunno really, I just want radio, and my iPod, don't care about Bluetooth etc. but that's just me. I navigate using an obsolete thing known as a paper map
- Sports Chrono - must have with PDK, can't see the point with manual
- cruise control - never use it
- heated seats - never use them, if it's cold I'm wearing a coat anyway
- PSE - not great on a Gen 2, you need a proper aftermarket exhaust system

There's much to be said for a bone stock 3.6 Carerra 2 that you tweak to suit your own tastes; it's what I did. Disclaimer: all of the above is my opinion and should not be relied upon by third parties. Other opinions are available, please read T&C's, UK only, over 18's only, subject to status.

Counter Of Beans said:
My humble opinion on Gen 2 options:
- PASM, don't rate it - you're better off with revised suspension (caveat: I haven't experienced that DSC mod)
- sports seats - nice to have but the standard seats are fine
- larger 19" wheels - yes probably a must have but they do give a firmer ride than 18" of course
- sun roof - I hate them with a passion!
- Bose - not worth the money, simply because you'll want to hear the engine/exhaust
- Sports Design wheel - yes a must have for me, you really don't need multifunction controls
- universal interface thingy - dunno really, I just want radio, and my iPod, don't care about Bluetooth etc. but that's just me. I navigate using an obsolete thing known as a paper map
- Sports Chrono - must have with PDK, can't see the point with manual
- cruise control - never use it
- heated seats - never use them, if it's cold I'm wearing a coat anyway
- PSE - not great on a Gen 2, you need a proper aftermarket exhaust system

There's much to be said for a bone stock 3.6 Carerra 2 that you tweak to suit your own tastes; it's what I did. Disclaimer: all of the above is my opinion and should not be relied upon by third parties. Other opinions are available, please read T&C's, UK only, over 18's only, subject to status.

Blimey COB , I could have written that list , thats about is how I would sum it up aswell. other than maybe the bluetooth as I need to be able to be contacted to let me know my bacon butty is ready :grin: :grin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back