Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC washed it when told not to - common experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RB79 said:
So an update, the aftersales manager rang me today and spent 10 minutes chatting. In summary:
1. Acknowledgement of the mistake and a sincere apology (or so it felt)
2. They have interviewed everyone involved, acknowledged my instructions were clear and apparently the error fell on a valeter who was stopped mid wash and service advisor informed of the error at the time.
3. Accept service advisor should have rung me / apologised when I came to
collect it which was the main error
4. Apology service manager should have spoken to me on the day as requested
5. Invited me to take the car to their body shop so I can discuss the 'damage' and they are happy to discuss a plan to rectify it to my satisfaction.

I will absolutely take my hat off to them - fairplay.

Sounds like very positive developments :thumbs:

Happy days! Let us know how you get on!

...my wife thinks titanium wheel nuts are somewhat over priced given the modest weight advantages that they offer; she is cognisant of their rust resisting properties nevertheless believes their cost is not offset by their benefit...

GMG said:
...my wife thinks titanium wheel nuts are somewhat over priced given the modest weight advantages that they offer; she is cognisant of their rust resisting properties nevertheless believes their cost is not offset by their benefit...

Is your wife free to come to the bodyshop with me? I'd really appreciate her wisdom.

Where she at with the 'Gundo Hack'?

I think there are going to be lots of references to GMG's wife from now on :thewife:

:grin:

HSC911 said:
I think there are going to be lots of references to GMG's wife from now on :thewife:

Can she solve Brexit? GMG's wife for PM and he should be Transport Sec. First job, cars made of paper by 2020. Let's start a campaign.

RB79 said:
Can she solve Brexit? GMG's wife for PM and he should be Transport Sec. First job, cars made of paper by 2020. Let's start a campaign.

:floor:

:lol:

Almost brought Brexit into it but figured I'd not make it political :)

RB79 said:
HSC911 said:

Well GMG's part of the way there... he will tell you his 911 had an engine made of chocolate :wall:

:popcorn: more please!

Robertb said:
RB79 said:
HSC911 said:

Well GMG's part of the way there... he will tell you his 911 had an engine made of chocolate :wall:

Chocolate? It might be those rusty bolts Mrs GMG knows all about.
I am just delighted that he gave my pointless thread so much time and attention when he could have just ignored it. And to have made it on the agenda for him and Mrs GMG's pillowtalk last night was special (although talking about a bloke having issues with washing might have spoilt the romantic mood :) )

BigLion said:
OP was the paint work damaged?

Yes they've admitted it had begun to be 'washed' so (likely dirty) rag applied after a quick hosing. So there are now swirls over the areas he did before he read the sign in the front screen (he started at the back). Main area is right rear wing, probably accentuated by the 4S' wider hips and my garage lights.

Annoying but, contrary to what some people thought, I wasn't making it up and they have agreed to meet up next week and come up with a plan to put it right. DP rang me tonight was well to apologise and is going to meet me next week.

They may have got it wrong but I applaud them for trying to put it right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back