Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC washed it when told not to - common experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC911 said:
The main issue here is not about the paint/water, it's about asking someone not to do something and them doing it anyway, then lying about it to make matters worse :nooo:

Let us know what happens RB

:thumb:

That's exactly what my 'issue' is, we all make mistakes but this was so deliberate and the worst thing you can do when you've messed up is lie about it. Thanks HSC, I'll let you know what DP says.

...three pages of threads offering sympathy and support for an OP complaining about a Porsche dealer washing his 991 after a £3000 service !

I think that you have completely lost the plot and we have entered the forum parallel universe again...

Unbelievable; incredulous, I mentioned it to my wife who asked me if the car was made of paper?!

RB79 said:
patpending said:
MisterCorn said:
If it has damagaed the finish on his car I can see why he is miffed. He did what he could to avoid the situation and it was ignored.

MC

Agreed but the initial post says nothing about damage just reading pages about someone with the hump about getting a car washed by mistake then going totally OTT about it. :nooo:

You obviously haven't read the explanation of why it wasn't a 'mistake' and there is damage to the paintwork. Not that it matters but some paint obsessives like me have agreed with me but everyone entitled to differing opinion of course.
Original post also edited, agree this perhaps wasn't clear to start with.

Funny how 'damage" is now being referred to/introduced now and yet a paint obsessed OP forgot to mention it in the 1st post.

Not going to read anymore of this.

:nooo:

GMG said:
...three pages of threads offering sympathy and support for an OP complaining about a Porsche dealer washing his 991 after a £3000 service !

I think that you have completely lost the plot and we have entered the forum parallel universe again...

Unbelievable; incredulous, I mentioned it to my wife who asked me if the car was made of paper?!

I am pleased to hear your good lady's thoughts as well :). Being such an oddball I obviously don't have any friends to chat to about this so I thank you for visiting my parallel universe. No one is making you read or comment but of course feel free to continue

patpending said:
RB79 said:
patpending said:
MisterCorn said:
If it has damagaed the finish on his car I can see why he is miffed. He did what he could to avoid the situation and it was ignored.

MC

Agreed but the initial post says nothing about damage just reading pages about someone with the hump about getting a car washed by mistake then going totally OTT about it. :nooo:

You obviously haven't read the explanation of why it wasn't a 'mistake' and there is damage to the paintwork. Not that it matters but some paint obsessives like me have agreed with me but everyone entitled to differing opinion of course.
Original post also edited, agree this perhaps wasn't clear to start with.

Funny how 'damage" is now being referred to/introduced now and yet a paint obsessed OP forgot to mention it in the 1st post.

Not going to read anymore of this.

:nooo:

The damage has been referred to in the post several times. As others have said, the main issue is how it all happened. Just gauging opinions, quite impressed it has managed to get so many. Obviously, as you are not reading this anymore, you won't see this post :)

'Mentioned it to the wife" and she didn't get it, no ***** Sherlock, but I bet she's all over titanium wheel bolts yeah?! Great point of reference there!

OP, don't sweat the negative comments. Some people could care less about the paint and will be chopping their car in as soon as the fancy takes them or whatever. The point is you have put time and money into getting the paint perfect, then the OPC dropped a bollock, pursue it if you want.

Some people not understanding the fact it's not how the cr4p gets on to the car i.e. being driven in the rain. It's how the cr4p is taken off that matters. From an OCD detailing perspective, even jet sprays are frowned upon, for the record.

The return of Marty Wild said:
'Mentioned it to the wife" and she didn't get it, no ***** Sherlock, but I bet she's all over titanium wheel bolts yeah?! Great point of reference there!

OP, don't sweat the negative comments. Some people could care less about the paint and will be chopping their car in as soon as the fancy takes them or whatever. The point is you have put time and money into getting the paint perfect, then the OPC dropped a bollock, pursue it if you want.

Some people not understanding the fact it's not how the cr4p gets on to the car i.e. being driven in the rain. It's how the cr4p is taken off that matters. From an OCD detailing perspective, even jet sprays are frowned upon, for the record.

Brilliant - love the wheel nut comment. Thanks mate, I've got thick skin but appreciate it.

I've just had my car detailed and protected, when you see how the professionals make cars shine like glass it is easy to understand why people get so passionate about it. If you want to see examples of how much blood, sweat and tears people put into this then have a look at detailingworld.co.uk

For some people, they see little value in this and have aired their opinions -- fair enough, you are entitled to it. However the point here is that RB79 made it clear what he wanted them to NOT do and they ignored his repeated requests. OPC should be able to follow simple instructions and it is not at all unreasonable for RB79 to be upset.

I spent quite a few pennies on this and therefore totally understand why RB79 is pissed off.

If I were in that situation then Itoo would be expecting OPC to make this right.

Good luck RB79 !!

HSC911 said:
The main issue here is not about the paint/water, it's about asking someone not to do something and them doing it anyway, then lying about it to make matters worse :nooo:

This is a perfect summary of the issue. If you're paying an OPC lots of money and giving them clear instructions, it's unacceptable for said instructions to be ignored. The OP might be a paint geek (meant in the right way!) but he's reasonable enough, and a "sorry Sir, we messed up, it won't happen again, what can we to to keep your valuable custom?" would probably mean this post wouldn't exist. It's partly why I avoid franchised main dealers wherever possible.

ragpicker said:
@marky911 - saw your car at our favourite car 'spa and retreat' today. Gotta say, its looking good pal :thumb:

In fact, maybe the OP should take his car there - its got frigging no chance of ever getting washed!! :floor:

Many thanks Raggy! :thumb:
It won't win Pebble beach concours but it's better than most 996s now. It still doesn't excite me as much as some previous pork so time will tell if I keep it.
It's with me for at least another year or so though.
And yep our good guy, expert mechanic is as busy as usual. :D

RB - Just ignore GMG, most people have learnt to. He only posts if he's posting negativity.

Counter Of Beans said:
HSC911 said:

This is a perfect summary of the issue. If you're paying an OPC lots of money and giving them clear instructions, it's unacceptable for said instructions to be ignored. The OP might be a paint geek (meant in the right way!) but he's reasonable enough, and a "sorry Sir, we messed up, it won't happen again, what can we to to keep your valuable custom?" would probably mean this post wouldn't exist. It's partly why I avoid franchised main dealers wherever possible.

100% spot on

M&MD&D said:
I've just had my car detailed and protected, when you see how the professionals make cars shine like glass it is easy to understand why people get so passionate about it. If you want to see examples of how much blood, sweat and tears people put into this then have a look at detailingworld.co.uk

For some people, they see little value in this and have aired their opinions -- fair enough, you are entitled to it. However the point here is that RB79 made it clear what he wanted them to NOT do and they ignored his repeated requests. OPC should be able to follow simple instructions and it is not at all unreasonable for RB79 to be upset.

I spent quite a few pennies on this and therefore totally understand why RB79 is pissed off.

If I were in that situation then Itoo would be expecting OPC to make this right.

Good luck RB79 !!

Thank you. Hope you car is looking lovely. I am a paint geek and proud.

Marky911 said:
ragpicker said:
@marky911 - saw your car at our favourite car 'spa and retreat' today. Gotta say, its looking good pal :thumb:

In fact, maybe the OP should take his car there - its got frigging no chance of ever getting washed!! :floor:

Many thanks Raggy! :thumb:
It won't win Pebble beach concours but it's better than most 996s now. It still doesn't excite me as much as some previous pork so time will tell if I keep it.
It's with me for at least another year or so though.
And yep our good guy, expert mechanic is as busy as usual. :D

RB - Just ignore GMG, most people have learnt to. He only posts if he's posting negativity.

Ha - thanks. At least GMG discusses his negativity with family members to get their support, :p

Go easy on him, his wife remark made me chuckle somewhat :)

So an update, the aftersales manager rang me today and spent 10 minutes chatting. In summary:
1. Acknowledgement of the mistake and a sincere apology (or so it felt)
2. They have interviewed everyone involved, acknowledged my instructions were clear and apparently the error fell on a valeter who was stopped mid wash and service advisor informed of the error at the time.
3. Accept service advisor should have rung me / apologised when I came to
collect it which was the main error
4. Apology service manager should have spoken to me on the day as requested
5. Invited me to take the car to their body shop so I can discuss the 'damage' and they are happy to discuss a plan to rectify it to my satisfaction.

I will absolutely take my hat off to them - fairplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back