Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking to sell

Good luck with the sale OP.

I must have missed the sentence in your post when you asked for people's opinion on the value.

Were it me, I would fit the coffin arms, tuning forks and get the geo done so it drives spot on and the buyer knows its sorted.

If convenient it may be worth seeing if the dealer wants to buy it back for stock... the posts on this thread give you an idea of the 'joys' of dealing with private buyers!

Robertb said:
I must have missed the sentence in your post when you asked for people's opinion on the value.

This was probably caused by his first post in the thread mentioning the phrase "Thinking of putting my [car] up for sale" and not mentioning a price - especially as it was also posted on the 996 sub-forum.

Thanks for all the replys on my topic of selling along with the mixed opinions, however I only based my value on the car from the valuation after inspection. There seems to be mixed feelings about engine works IMS RMS etc but a good mechanic will say if it aint broke don't fix it, ive spent money on the car & will continue to do so while in my company.

Again I was testing the water but look forward to reading any posts.

PDCC4S said:
Thanks for all the replys on my topic of selling along with the mixed opinions, however I only based my value on the car from the valuation after inspection. There seems to be mixed feelings about engine works IMS RMS etc but a good mechanic will say if it aint broke don't fix it, ive spent money on the car & will continue to do so while in my company.

Again I was testing the water but look forward to reading any posts.

Out of interest what did the valuations give as the price to insure it at?

toddy2 said:
GLWS but maybe a bit pricey for a private sale though this time of year.

Yep too much dough.

I know someone who wants one but they'll pay less than £15k for one

To the OP, I owe you an apology,
I mis-read your initial post and did not realise you have a C4s (did the post get edited or am I just blind/stupid?)

I actually dont think a genuine well cared for C4s is far out of line at £25k on that mileage from what I have seen.

Sorry!
:thumbs:

^^^ I was wondering if people were missing that it was a C4S. :dont know:

A C4S with 70k miles on and over serviced should start with a 2 for definite.

£24500 May still be a bit rich a week or so before Xmas but it doesn't scream of trying it on.

Zingers, your mate wants a C4S for less than £15k??
2012 just called, it wants its valuation guide back. :D
Even then it would be a high miler or Cat D. The lowest a straight C4S ever dropped to was £16k-£17k.

Good luck with the sale OP. I'd personally wait until the spring. No harm in putting it up for sale and leaving it up, but then if it's up for a couple of months people start and think "Surely people have viewed it by now. There must be something wrong with it on inspection".

As said I'd get the parts fitted and alignment done then clean it up in Feb/March and get it up. All it takes is one or two sunny weekends for people to start thinking about toys again. :thumb:

Hertsdriver & Marky911

Thanks for making me feel sane again ok the price may not be too everyones liking but we all want the best price if we sell on

To be honest the cars not currently on the market I was just posting to

1) See if there was any possible people looking

2) Im happy to hold the car in storage as im not 100% sure I will sell even if I get a positive lead

Anyway I love the feedback so look forward to a few more posts.

PDCC4S

Marky911 said:
^^^ I was wondering if people were missing that it was a C4S. :dont know:

A C4S with 70k miles on and over serviced should start with a 2 for definite.

£24500 May still be a bit rich a week or so before Xmas but it doesn't scream of trying it on.

Zingers, your mate wants a C4S for less than £15k??
2012 just called, it wants its valuation guide back. :D
Even then it would be a high miler or Cat D. The lowest a straight C4S ever dropped to was £16k-£17k.

Good luck with the sale OP. I'd personally wait until the spring. No harm in putting it up for sale and leaving it up, but then if it's up for a couple of months people start and think "Surely people have viewed it by now. There must be something wrong with it on inspection".

As said I'd get the parts fitted and alignment done then clean it up in Feb/March and get it up. All it takes is one or two sunny weekends for people to start thinking about toys again. :thumb:

Agree mostly with that but in 2013 you could get a sensible miles C4S for £15k..

I didn't because at the same time you could buy a sensible miles 2005 model 996 Turbo for less than 25 and I did! :thumb:

Ah the good old days. When a 964T cost the same as a 996T.

I bought my 964T for £18k and sold it for £25k to buy my GT3 for £34k, which my mate had bought for £29k.

Never mind, c'est la vie. :sad: :D

My mate took a C4S in part ex for a Golf R32 (yep I know) and gave peanuts for it. Maybe £10k. We were surprised by how utterly crap it was in the snow mind. It just sat spinning all 4 wheels. :dont know:

It was the first 911 I'd heard PSE on though and there aren't many I've heard since that sound better at low to modest revs. Maybe a 993 with RSRs on.

Marky911 said:
Ah the good old days. When a 964T cost the same as a 996T.

I bought my 964T for £18k and sold it for £25k to buy my GT3 for £34k, which my mate had bought for £29k.

Never mind, c'est la vie. :sad: :D

My mate took a C4S in part ex for a Golf R32 (yep I know) and gave peanuts for it. Maybe £10k. We were surprised by how utterly crap it was in the snow mind. It just sat spinning all 4 wheels. :dont know:

It was the first 911 I'd heard PSE on though and there aren't many I've heard since that sound better at low to modest revs. Maybe a 993 with RSRs on.
Aye we can't keep em all and I have no regrets.
If they were that good I would of kept them but curiosity always gets the better of me and I'm always on the look out for the next big thing I suppose. :wack: :mrgreen:

I would have thought to purchase a manual 996 C4S that doesn't need anything doing to it you would need to spend upwards of £23,000. I think that you could easily spend several thousand pounds on the majority that are for sale.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back