Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC washed it when told not to - common experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had mine in for OPC Chester for servicing & said don't wash it & they followed instructions at Chester & didn't wash it last 2 times,

I can understand if you have had it detailed but probably some young lad whos diligently washed your car hosed off, they have forgot, cant be that bad can it ? As some one said what if it rains?

My reason for not wanting them doing mine is power washing the lights etc & my own personal waxing of the car etc Also they must be between a rock & a hard place as lot of owners would expect it washed & vacuumed.

I did notice recently when I took mine in the service reception lady photographed the condition of my car from all sides before they touched it, she said you would be surprised by the things we are accused of :?:

Hamster75 said:
I've had mine in for OPC Chester for servicing & said don't wash it & they followed instructions at Chester & didn't wash it last 2 times,

I can understand if you have had it detailed but probably some young lad whos diligently washed your car hosed off, they have forgot, cant be that bad can it ? As some one said what if it rains?

My reason for not wanting them doing mine is power washing the lights etc & my own personal waxing of the car etc Also they must be between a rock & a hard place as lot of owners would expect it washed & vacuumed.

I did notice recently when I took mine in the service reception lady photographed the condition of my car from all sides before they touched it, she said you would be surprised by the things we are accused of :?:

I don't think they was any confusion not to wash it - service advisor admitted the valeter double checked and he said to 'hose it' even though he knew / signs in window etc so it's the deliberate nature of it that is especially frustrating - the advisor didn't forget.
I own a couple of other cars from different brands (not saying that to 'show off'), always give same instructions and never had any issue. Recently one car was with BMW for 2 months in bits waiting on a part, it had been in for
so long after I dropped it off (told not to wash of course) and I was so glad to be getting it back I forgot to reiterate not washing it when I got the call to collect and expected it to have been forgotten. Service advisor rang me back to say, we know you don't want it washed but it has got very dusty parked up for 2 months so we just wanted to check - no thanks - no issue.
Being a paint nerd, I obviously know my car and it has not just been hosed down, appreciate not a big deal to everyone I'm just particular and feel that's not unreasonable.
Just a 'yes I messed up and I'm sorry' would have gone a long way. Worse things happen I know.

ragpicker said:
@marky911 - saw your car at our favourite car 'spa and retreat' today. Gotta say, its looking good pal :thumb:

In fact, maybe the OP should take his car there - its got frigging no chance of ever getting washed!! :floor:

Sounds like heaven to me

JC they washed your car by mistake.

Get over it as worse things in life can happen and the guys at the garage are probably laughing at you for involving Porsche UK/going off the deep end about a car wash vs forgetting to bolt a wheel on.

The crap that is often contained in raindrops can be far worse than the water from a tap and some car foam. :nooo:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1352231008005980

patpending said:

Get over it as worse things in life can happen and the guys at the garage are probably laughing at you for involving Porsche UK/going off the deep end about a car wash vs forgetting to bolt a wheel on.

(For the 10th time), it wasn't by mistake (!). You are entitled to your opinion but I would politely add you know very little about the fine art of paint correction and detailing if you think it's the same as a bit of rain water.

RB79 said:
patpending said:

(For the 10th time), it wasn't by mistake (!), you are entitled to your opinion

What was it then?

patpending said:
RB79 said:
patpending said:

What was it then?

Service advisor knew I didn't want it washed. Valeter came to confirm with him along the lines of - 'just confirming not to wash that car with the 'Do not wash' sign in it as it's a bit dusty'? Service advisor - yes wash it (or hose it as he claims which I know isn't true). That has been admitted, he didn't forget or give me a quick call to check (but rang three other times to authorise additional work etc), for whatever reason he decided 'f##k it'
An unintentional error is a 'mistake' to me (usually followed by an apology).

I agree with the OP, the dealer was instructed not to wash the car. As instructions go I don't think much brain power is needed to not do something.

Get a quote for getting it sorted out and send it to them then find another dealer.

Is the dealer next to Porsche GB HQ?

Gottans said:
I agree with the OP, the dealer was instructed not to wash the car. As instructions go I don't think much brain power is needed to not do something.

Get a quote for getting it sorted out and send it to them then find another dealer.

Is the dealer next to Porsche GB HQ?

Thank you. Agree I need to try another dealer in the future. Don't want to publically name OPC involved as I'd like to be fair to DP until he has replied.

RB79 said:
patpending said:
RB79 said:
patpending said:

What was it then?

Service advisor knew I didn't want it washed. Valeter came to confirm with him along the lines of - 'just confirming not to wash that car with the 'Do not wash' sign in it as it's a bit dusty'? Service advisor - yes wash it (or hose it as he claims which I know isn't true). That has been admitted, he didn't forget or give me a quick call to check (but rang three other times to authorise additional work etc), for whatever reason he decided 'f##k it'
An unintentional error is a 'mistake' to me (usually followed by an apology).

Honestly dude time to let it go and move on.

If it has damagaed the finish on his car I can see why he is miffed. He did what he could to avoid the situation and it was ignored.

MC

MisterCorn said:
If it has damagaed the finish on his car I can see why he is miffed. He did what he could to avoid the situation and it was ignored.

MC

Agreed but the initial post says nothing about damage. Just reading pages about someone with the hump about getting a car washed by mistake then going totally OTT about it. :nooo:

patpending said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Agreed but the initial post says nothing about damage just reading pages about someone with the hump about getting a car washed by mistake then going totally OTT about it. :nooo:

You obviously haven't read the explanation of why it wasn't a 'mistake' and there is damage to the paintwork. Not that it matters but some paint obsessives like me have agreed with me but everyone entitled to differing opinion of course.
Original post also edited, agree this perhaps wasn't clear to start with.

The main issue here is not about the paint/water, it's about asking someone not to do something and them doing it anyway, then lying about it to make matters worse :nooo:

Let us know what happens RB

:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back