Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3D printed a cup holder

markj113

Not having a cup holder has driven me nuts since day 1 of owning the car.

Got a 3D printer a few weeks ago so thought I would have a newbie attempt at designing and printing one. It just slots in instead of the ashtray and is designed to hold a can/500 ml bottle size.

Excuse the wild colour plastic, will prime and spray it to match the interior trim colour later.

3ICDMyY.png

Np2GFGv.jpg

FIFlpqa.jpg

339AR8b.jpg

Q2hNRzi.jpg

Well that is excellent :thumbs:

Great use of a 3D printer, very neat indeed.

Digging your work but drinks in the car..... ye gods!

Have you done some calcs for how much lateral G it can handle? Sidewall doesn't look that high....

Hats off none the less. :worship:

Do you not have the 2 cup holder sliding tray in the dash?

Also, like someone else said, the walls of the holder arent tall enough. From memory, most cup holders are half the height of a normal 330ml can

Not sure about the colour match.....

:floor:

mikeluke said:
Not sure about the colour match.....

:floor:

Just a prototype print and was the crazy translucent orange filament I had to hand. Final version will be painted to match trim.

I dont have the holes in the dash vents to fit the oem cup holders.

Cup wall height might be increased if I look like I pissed my pants after a spirited drive lol.

Will it hold a beer can?

Does it work well, have a 3d printer and was thinking of making something similar there, but looks like it's not tall enough to work and if it was tall enough would then get in way.

Mikey P said:
Does it work well, have a 3d printer and was thinking of making something similar there, but looks like it's not tall enough to work and if it was tall enough would then get in way.

I have uploaded the 3D file below.

You can easily tweak the design using something like Tinkercad (free online cad program) to make it taller or wider.

https://www.tinkercad.com

My file:
https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/769962/911 cup holder(2).stl

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back