Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TPMS systems

TobesEtc

Mexico City
Anyone got experience of an after-market INTERNAL SENSOR TPMS system (as opposed to EXTERNAL sensors)?

Mine has external sensors (Steel Mate) but I was thinking of switching to internals. Seems to be easier said than done - may just put up & shut up.

Reluctant to fit a cheap-as-chips Chinese system that'll require taking the tyre off every time the battery dies.

Also, keen to have temp & pressure, SM currently just shows pressure.

Yes, I did it a few years ago now. There should be a few posts on my journal ;-)

nb whilst "interesting" (I have hollow spokes which have none standard valves so I had to customise the fit) it was ultimately not worth it IMHO.

nb what I did learn is stay away from reduced price ones, they have a shelf life as the internal battery is not replaceable :roll:

993 = stay away from new tech :thumb:

edit: here you go http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=82158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=270

Not internal but if you don't want to go to expense of removing and refitting Tyres the Tyrepal system is good. Have it on my motorhome reads both pressure and temperature seems a good alternative

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back