Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Scumbags

mrcharliechan

Silverstone
Out for work when some scrotes did the below... not sure why I'm posting as it's already at OPC for repair... just need an 'it'll be alright in the end' from some likeminded owners... :nooo:

Attachments

• 6d363f8a_f7ae_4240_88b4_8a5723ecd2ad_160.jpeg
    6d363f8a_f7ae_4240_88b4_8a5723ecd2ad_160.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 3,666
Car theft round my manor is sky high at the moment. Can't understand why we've had such an increase at the moment. Favourites are premium SUVs: Evoque, SQ5/7, that kinda stuff.

My mat showed me his CCTV from the other month. 2 guys rock up at his wife's Evoque in the dark hours armed with a laptop. Cosh the window, plug in laptop, open car, start engine and drive off. The alarm didn't even go off. Full clip from start to finish was 20 seconds. Car turned up on a car park next day whilst the theives wait to see if it has a tracker. Anyway, a by passer spots the window and reports it to the police and car is recovered.

Check this though, after engineers inspection, they offer to pay my mate out full value of the car rather than give it him back. Then they fix it and sell t on (not registered). They reckon there's no guarantee the thieves haven't tampered with the software on the car and it'd be safer to take the payout (what a scam). Bet they don't tell their buyer that!! :nooo:

That's outrageous!

When I was working in North London I'd heard thieves would watch a property to gain an idea of movements then break in but only open the front door... owner pulls into drive and see front door open, panics, runs into house invariably leaving keys in ignition and they drive off...

Too many tales like this unfortunately. My lot got a boot full of stale Rugby kit and a turd of a DELL laptop... the car is the pisser.

Hey Ho. Soon be Christmas. :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back