Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another lowered car rear camber issue post

I think you are correct Infrasilver, I've just measured my cars ride height with the lowered Eibach springs (full tank of fuel although the spare wheel and tool kit were not installed so the front reading should probably be a further 1 or 2 mm lower) and it is lower than X74 and even lower than standard GT3 at the rear.

My following readings were taken on level tarmac which obviously isn't billiard table smooth so could easily be 1 or 2 mm out eaither way and also the RR wheel has 0.85' more Camber than the RL and the front cambers are also slightly mismatched due to Kwikfit alignment woes.

Average F/R heights:

M030 134/144mm (my C2 height before Eibach springs fitted)
X74 118/133mm
GT3 112/125mm base setting (F -10mm/ R +10mm adjustments)
*Eibach 112/119mm*

I think these lower ride heights explain partly why my car was difficult to get to correct toe/camber settings and now requires adjustable arms. I'd like to increase the F/R attitude so I'm going to have a look at spacers as it sits too low at the rear for me with the front as it is. I'd like to return to more rake with +15mm extra at the rear.

The car doesn't ground out on speed bumps though, I had previously rolled all the arches and had fitted 15mm wheel spacers all round so I'm not getting any wheel to body interference with just me driving.
As a point of note the car feel less hard at low speeds over bumps which I put down to the Eibach progressive springs rather than linearly wound M030 springs.

911munky which wheels are you on? I'm looking at -30mm springs and 15mm rear spacers and 7mm front but would chance 15mm on the front if I thought I'd get away with it. I have the gt3 style split rims. Not sure on the name

I have 8J ET50 'Sport design' 18" wheels, with 15mm spacers on all 4 corners and Eibach -30mm springs. My rear wheels are currently below GT3 height with rolled arches (maybe not necessary) and the fronts are at GT3 height without interference issues riding solo.
I'm going to raise the rear a few mm but the fronts with 225/40R18 are in no danger of making contact with th bodywork, I've even considered to go wider than +15mm spacers to match the rear, I think +7mm would seem a bit inset.
I'd recommend at least +15mm spacers to you (although every car is different I can't see a problem).

Edited to add that my current 295/30 Continental tyres were wider than the Falken tyres fitted when I purchased the car and without camber adjustment the rears occasionally made arch contact as the original geo was out. When set to standard geo there was no issue. Go for it.

Sport designs are what I have, aren't they the gt3 wheel? Not sure on offset but iirc my fronts are 235/40 and my tears are 285/30. All Pirelli p-zeros. Possibly 225 front but I'm nearly sure 235. The rears are right though. I don't want to be going into rolled arches or have problems with passengers. Chances are it'll only ever be my kids which are young so no real weight. I'll just gather the bits over the next while before I fit any of it.

OK, I would just like to apply for some humble pie..

Had my Koni special active shocks, Eibach prokit -30mm springs, new coffin arms and tuning forks, top mounts and bump stops fitted at unit11 porsche then over to ninemeister for a geo. -2.2 at the rear both sides. Advised that was what was possible with the setup provided, So I guess I too need adjustable arms to dial out the big negative rear camber or fit some taller springs to increase the ride height, or live with it I guess
Damn as they just had to put new rear control arms on as they were seized. I'm going to have to check the ride height and make a decision

I'm guessing that negative camber will eat the tyres?

Yes, I don't know how long it will probably take a little while, but tyres are not cheap so probably better to spend the money on correcting the excessive rear camber than buying new tyres every few thousand miles

Is that kind of negative camber a real tyre eater or are we getting worried over nothing? :?:

Are there any issues with the front on a 30mm drop?

asterix_the_gaul said:
OK, I would just like to apply for some humble pie..

Had my Koni special active shocks, Eibach prokit -30mm springs, new coffin arms and tuning forks, top mounts and bump stops fitted at unit11 porsche then over to ninemeister for a geo. -2.2 at the rear both sides. Advised that was what was possible with the setup provided, So I guess I too need adjustable arms to dial out the big negative rear camber or fit some taller springs to increase the ride height, or live with it I guess
Damn as they just had to put new rear control arms on as they were seized. I'm going to have to check the ride height and make a decision

I'm at a loss with regards to my car then.

I'm at a loss with regards to my car then.

You had the same spec but got inside x74 geo dammit?

Everything on mine is OEM Porsche or Ohlins, and I'm at X74 ride height (18" Carrera 5 spokes if that makes a difference) and have the geometry I posted earlier in this thread.

oh, well that makes me feel better, I believe from the posts above the Eibach springs give you a lower ride height than X74 and slightly lower than gt3 hence the problem comes down to too low so therefore needing the adjustable arms to correct the camber or taller springs/adjustable coilovers to correct ride height so the camber sorts itself out. Or sod it and live with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back