Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 PSE Exhaust Hack aka the 'Gundo Hack'

James M-S said:
Glen, I don't suppose you have dimensions for the bent (banana) pipe?

I'm going down the same route as you but without buying a second set of back boxes.

I need to buy the pipes in advance of taking off the exhaust.

Diameter is 1.75" I believe, bend angle 90deg, unsure of other dimensions (length each side of the bend)

Cheers,

James ,I got to hear Les's Gen 2 with a gundo and rear box delete cross over pipes at Simply Porsche today and it sounded really nice . check with him but I am sure he told me his was set up with 1.5" pipes :thumb:

Les has the normal gundo that links inlet & outlet directly, hence a smaller diameter, it's different to the banana hack that mimics the PSE.

Nearly came down today as the wife and kids stayed away on Hol an extra night. Couldn't handle leaving at 5am :sleepy: and getting through £100 of fuel though.

You southern lot will have to come up to Donington :grin:

James M-S said:
Glen, I don't suppose you have dimensions for the bent (banana) pipe?

I'm going down the same route as you but without buying a second set of back boxes.

I need to buy the pipes in advance of taking off the exhaust.

Diameter is 1.75" I believe, bend angle 90deg, unsure of other dimensions (length each side of the bend)

Cheers,

Sorry but I do not know the dimensions.
I do know that it was all done in the same diameter pipe as the original.
I took the newish (still shiny) back boxes to a bloke in Chard Somerset who makes bespoke exhausts for custom jobs.

Just said to him I wanted another pipe from the blanked off nipple, same diameter, kept close profile into the exhaust pipe. Seven days later picked them up. Should have taken a pick before I put them on DOH.

would like this done on my 993 Carrera .but it was 102 db at brands on the test . and I like doing the odd track day would I have no chance of passing if I had it done ?

can anyone recommend a garage in the Littlehampton \ brighton area that could do this for me cheers shaun

Anyone interested in having this done in South Wales, drop me a PM and I'll pass on the details of a good guy in the Neath/Swansea area.

He did a 1.5" hack on my 997.2 C2 and at the same time fitted a Topgear silencer by-pass.

I'm very pleased.

Fugaziops, 13 posts in ten years; that's some top lurking right there. Respect!

Counter Of Beans said:

All his lurking was done between January 2008 and February 2018.

Since then he's been a positively prolific poster. :D

Counter Of Beans said:

He's Welsh so quality not quantity :grin:

:D

KJD said:
Counter Of Beans said:

He's Welsh so quality not quantity :grin:

:D

:floor: :floor: :floor: its not lambing time currently

Counter Of Beans said:

Thank you - very kind of you to point out.
I was a member with another account when the forum first started - so been lurking longer than you think...

More time on my hands these day though, so I may even try to average a few post a year from now on.
If I'm not too busy driving...

:lol:

I've been hacked!! Sounds great. 1.5 inch.
Thanks to Fugaziops for the recommendation and meeting me so I could hear his car. Work done by James at Longlife Exhqusts Britton Ferry near Neath, Swansea.
Very happy and ready for the Dinslaken trip :D

Revolytion Gundo

I'm thinking of having a Gundo done at Revolution Porsche near Leeds.

Anyone have any experience of having it done here?

Re: Revolytion Gundo

tony_i said:
I'm thinking of having a Gundo done at Revolution Porsche near Leeds.

Anyone have any experience of having it done here?

I can go ahead and answer my own question.

I had my Gundo done at Revolution. They did a great job and I'm very pleased with the results - sounds superb.

I can't believe I waited so long to have this mod done. I had a 1.5 inch bypass done this morning at PCW Exhaust Mods in Bedford. Paul is a fantastic chap and he replaces any rusty bolts with brand new stainless steel ones, all included in the cost of £250.

This is how the car should sound. It's like you can now hear the true glory from these magnificent engines.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back