Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 wrapping options/colours/thoughts

Looks amazing - well done
Colour really suits the 996 too
& those wheels :worship:

Great result :thumbs:

infrasilver said:
Some pictures at long last.... in a couple of different lights and angles, I had to drive quite a way to get good light.

44361666330_991b8e4b29_z.jpg

Eilean Donan is a long way for good light :lol:

Hats off, good job and mad skillz!

Very nice work. Targa looks fab! :thumbs:

coullstar said:
That looks amazing, totally spurred me on to get mine done now.

I was contemplating doing my wheels same colour as well.

Spot on for doing a road trip this time of year as well up here.

In truth if I had the time before taking it out the wheel colour would have changed, I want them silver and I have 911R style decals for the sides. Silver stripes with yellow PORSCHE writing, silver matching the wheels (when done) and yellow matching the calipers :dont know:

In my head it looks good although it might be a shame to ruin how it currently looks.

Road trips are to be done in all weather conditions?

I've put the wrap through the ringer over the last couple of days with snow, ice and salt battering the car and I do have a bit of lifting on the front wheel arch edges of the side skirt, I think previous stone chips have let the weather get behind it, so one more panel to re do but will require prepping and sealing a bit better. In general though I'm happy its mostly holding up so well.

I'm also surprised how just different light makes the colour change so much.

44393149390_b31ab80fab_z.jpg

infrasilver said:
I do have a bit of lifting on the front wheel arch edges of the side skirt
so one more panel to re do but will require prepping and sealing a bit better
Might be worth getting a tin of 3M Primer 94... :thumb:

Colour looks fantastic and well done for having a go at that yourself! I've done decals on the motorbikes and once decided I was going to wrap some panels, three hours later they were getting painted!! Damn frustrating stuff

Chris993C2 said:
infrasilver said:
I do have a bit of lifting on the front wheel arch edges of the side skirt
so one more panel to re do but will require prepping and sealing a bit better

I was told it was the same as Acrylic Lacquer so have used that on most exposed edges but only once the vinyl was stuck down, I sealed the edges with it. I just think the surface was a little rough and hadn't sealed very well, no major problem as anything else I have to re-do won't take long.

jond58 said:
Colour looks fantastic and well done for having a go at that yourself! I've done decals on the motorbikes and once decided I was going to wrap some panels, three hours later they were getting painted!! Damn frustrating stuff

A bit of practise and patience is the key

infrasilver said:
Chris993C2 said:
I was told it was the same as Acrylic Lacquer so have used that on most exposed edges but only once the vinyl was stuck down, I sealed the edges with it.
Admittedly I've only ever used Primer 94 as an adhesion promoter with VHB tapes (ie: 3M 4611F), but it makes a huge difference to how well things stick.
Plus it smells divine... :cloud9:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back