Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Installing Hertz DCX 100.3 speakers in the dash

Thanks Dammit - I had a look at a US supplier site - Crutchfield - and all of the speakers the offer for 2002 Bose are 4 ohm, so all is good.

Too cold and wet outside to go near the car. I'll drive it to work on Friday and pop one out in the nice warm underground car park

Worst case is the6 won't be a loud, but as you are aware, anything is better than the originals...

Thanks again. :D

Hi Neil,
have you listened to the new speakers with the old amp? Do they sound significantly different/better?

I'm looking to upgrade my system but I have the MOST system, you're right of course, the fibre part is between the radio and amp and I'll probably fit a new head unit as well. I'm less worried about it looking original so I'm thinking of following Alex's lead.

Not yet- I've got 10 days of holiday to use up this month or I lose it, so I'm off every Friday, and then the last two weeks - so my plan was to do some work on the car on Friday.

You'd be welcome to pop over and give it a listen if you wanted.

Dammit said:
Not yet- I've got 10 days of holiday to use up this month or I lose it, so I'm off every Friday, and then the last two weeks - so my plan was to do some work on the car on Friday.

You'd be welcome to pop over and give it a listen if you wanted.

PM sent

Yes, please report back on the difference without any other mods Neil.

As I've said I'm hoping to just get away with replacing my 4x 4 inch speakers with the hertz ones and leaving things there. I like the factory look of my CDR-22 as well so that's all that's powering them.

I don't have any door speakers. Simply the 2 dash and 2 rear quarter ones.

I'm not expecting massive improvements but as long as we can hear the music ok, that'll do. :thumb:

Do you have an amp in your setup Mark? Presuming not, based on what you just said, but I've got a 4 channel Nokia in bits on the table next to me, so...

Ahh, no I believe I don't. I presumed all the pre Bose setups were just head unit and speakers.
Nothing in my frunk, just the CD changer space (it's in my loft) and the wiring to it.
I'll do some better digging when I actually get onto that job. I've had to stop spending on parts and cough up for the hotels for our road trip next summer. I'd slightly underestimated the cost, having done the last trip in our Campervan. :grin:

Spending will commence on the car in the new year. It's actually due back soon from having new cam chain guides so I'll have a dig around when it's back.

Sounds like a comparison with yours will be apples and oranges though, my bad. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back