Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 gen 2 pcm randomly rebooting

deMort

Interesting job today .. pcm every now and then reboots .. basically it switches off and on again .

Check for fault codes .. nothing listed .. no fault on the car as its intermitant .. open his center consol to check for the ipod adaptor and theres a whole bunch of leads in there...

Including an ipod lead .. now i didnt know there was a problem with these leads wearing out untill i had a good look at it .. wires shorted together and its plugged into the usb slot of the adaptor board .

Cant say for sure thats the problem as it needs to go a few days / weeks for the fault to happen ..

But shorted wires and a " computer " dont really go well together !

Any one with a PCM fault might want to check first what they have plugged into it :)

deMort said:
Interesting job today .. pcm every now and then reboots .. basically it switches off and on again .

Check for fault codes .. nothing listed .. no fault on the car as its intermitant .. open his center consol to check for the ipod adaptor and theres a whole bunch of leads in there...

Including an ipod lead .. now i didnt know there was a problem with these leads wearing out untill i had a good look at it .. wires shorted together and its plugged into the usb slot of the adaptor board .

Cant say for sure thats the problem as it needs to go a few days / weeks for the fault to happen ..

But shorted wires and a " computer " dont really go well together !

Any one with a PCM fault might want to check first what they have plugged into it :)

That's timely - my PCM randomly re-booted last night for the first time ever!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back