Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another wheel question :) 991 wheels on a 997

murph7355

Has anyone on here put 991 wheels on a 997?

Have seen some Google'd pictures and a bit of a thread on 6speedonline...they look great IMO but is it a simple swap and are there different body widths on the 991?

My car has 20" turbo wheels on it so some swapping around might be an idea :)

murph7355 said:
Has anyone on here put 991 wheels on a 997?

Have seen some Google'd pictures and a bit of a thread on 6speedonline...they look great IMO but is it a simple swap and are there different body widths on the 991?

My car has 20" turbo wheels on it so some swapping around might be an idea :)

20" Turbo wheels on 997 ?

So you must have 991 wheels on already ?

997 turbo wheels are 19"

I personally think 20" wheels would be apt to foul the arches unless relevant mods are made ...

There are a few on here that have done it, there are 2 schools of thought 1/ the visual is worth it and the ride is ok 2/ It ruins the ride quality of the 997 . So only you can decide or get along to a meet with guys who have done it and have a look etc . The arches on the 997 seem to be rolled anyway and the guys that have done it say theres no fouling .

911TEL said:

20" Turbo wheels on 997 ?

So you must have 991 wheels on already ?

997 turbo wheels are 19"... ...
As are mine - oops :)

Phil 997 said:
There are a few on here that have done it, there are 2 schools of thought 1/ the visual is worth it and the ride is ok 2/ It ruins the ride quality of the 997 . So only you can decide or get along to a meet with guys who have done it and have a look etc . The arches on the 997 seem to be rolled anyway and the guys that have done it say theres no fouling .
Good advice Phil...either that or I try and find the same style wheels in a 19" size :)

A mate's car:

Looked a bit high on Std suspension :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back