Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

X51 'Style' Sumps

poppopbangbang said:
Useful info

Thank you for the link.

I was all set to go with X51 but you've convinced me with FVD; especially at that price.

If you have no problems with ground clearance when running with Ohlins (and do tons of miles) then me with M030 should be fine too. Thanks again.

infrasilver said:
I can't have a deep sump but I like the design of those baffles, I like how it keeps extra capacity in the oil pick up area, I may have to get the Meccano out.. I assume the pick up is extended on that kit?

All the kits I have seen state they include a pick up extension. Is that what the "oval" piece is for?

Group buy time?

Sorry to pick up on an old thread, but thanks for Y2K for directing me to it.

Sounds like I need the X51 sump, design 911 sump or FVD sump.

I've just left a message with my local OPC to see if they can get the X51 but it sounds like opinion is that the design 911/FVD is better due to increased capacity.... so is that the way to go even if the OPC come back with an X51 for cheaper?

So, I can see the FVD one from poppopbangbang's post.
https://www.fvd.net/de-en/FVD20798801/fvd-motorsport-oil-pan.html

I think that works out at about £430

Design 911 seem to have several pages and codes but I think they are the same, so can anyone tell me if there is any difference between these 2 and if so which one I should go for:

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...t-Porsche-996--997---Boxster-986-987--Cayman/

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...97---Boxster-986---Boxster-987---Cayman-987C/

Is there any difference what so ever between the design 911 and FVD one or should I just go for the cheaper option? that appears to be the design 911 at £389 and I may get it cheaper if I hold out for a sale.

FVD sell a fitting kit so I guess I need that too.

And finally, it would be done at the same time as a service at Revolution so do I literally just tell them to put an extra 0.6L of oil in and away we go?

Many thanks
Steff

Have you had a word with Baz at Hartech about this. I know he has been doing some work on improved sumps.

MC

Just realised that the FVD is cheaper once you add the VAT to the design 911 price.

I spoke to Grant at Hartech to advised that they sell a sump and baffle for circa £800+ vat.

oh and for info the X51 oil pan is still available for £156v + Vat.

As per my post above though it sounds like the FVD is the better option..... is that right?

Steff,

See below.

poppopbangbang said:
One thing to note is the D911 X51 style sump is made by FVD in Germany, who also sell it under their own brand. It's a very nice bit of kit and is machined from billet with what look to be a copy of the X51 baffles in it (no bad thing as copying an OEM tested design is the best way to do it in 99% of cases).

If you're buying from D911, use 911UK discount code 911UK09 for 5% off.

My mechanic said 9.8L so extra 800ml.

Cheers

Many thanks. I'll keep an eye out for a new year bargain

Tbh I didn't specifically check. It was opc Bolton I spoke too. They said they had just fitted one to a car so he new straight away what I was on about

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back