Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM Maps/Sat Nav not loading - advice?

HENDRIKUS78

I have a 2015 991 (GTS) bought from new, and all of a sudden (sadly a few weeks after the 3 year warranty expired!) the maps and sat nave have stopped working. They just get stuck on "Loading" and then after a few minutes the PCM just gives up and turns itself off and on again. Another fault arisen at the same time (I assume connected) is that the speed limit detector is not working; that is throwing up a warning light.

Is there anything worth trying, or is this a take it to the nearest OPC (which sadly is not that near for me) job? Am I likely to be looking at a new PCM, or this a common and solvable issue?

Nothing you can do other than try a factory reset on the pcm or pull a fuse .

The speed limit is done via the gps which is in turn via the PCM so when that fails im afraid the speed limit wont work.

At the end of the day its software .. same as any computer and i expect its corrupted .. wheter the OPC will do a reinstall or want to replace the pcm is upto what they see as the fault .

If you cant find the factory reset then it wil be listed in the PCM manual .. bit of a long read though i expect .

Not a common fault as far as im aware ... there should be some goodwill contribution from Porsche .. DONT forget to ask or you wont get anything .

Thanks for that, really appreciated.

In researching how to do a factory reset, I read a thread that suggested trying deleting one's phone Bluetooth link. In doing that, and phone and PCM forgetting each other, the PCM immediately came back to life.

I've yet to try reconnecting phone, as for now I could just do with the PCM working as I approach this busy month. Slightly bizarre but saved an OPC trip and a day off work for now!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back